Tuesday, November 29, 2022

The Socks Are Finished

Yesterday was dull, dreary, and somewhat wet. The high got to 11.9C and 13.5 mm of rain fell. It was the dullness and the wind that got to me. This morning it is -1C and we had a snow flurry during the night. It is suppose to get to a high of 1C today.

Lifestyle

I got the upstairs floors vacuumed in the morning but after that I wanted to hibernate due to the weather. It was hard to keep going unless I pushed myself. But I did push some and rested other times. 

My knee was much better yesterday as was my back. Vacuuming didn't bother it as much as it did a month ago. I did bend my knee a lot yesterday when sitting down. I do it until I feel the knee is lubricated and then stop. It seems to be helping along with the other exercises. There is less pain which is nice. And, the pain is not as severe as it was. 

Sewing

I pushed myself downstairs to layout the pyjama pants for grandson. It took some time but I got it done. I bought 3.3 meters of fabric and it takes 2.8 meters. The remaining fabric is for the hot water bottle cover lining. The remnants will be used to make doll pyjamas later on. 

The hot water bottle pattern was printed and is ready to tape together. I might just as well cut it out at the same time and have it as a project ready to sew. 

A lady at Pattern Review said to use Inkster (free program) to make and keep patterns as SVG files for the Cricut. I downloaded it, looked for videos and am confused as all get out. I'll be contacting her for videos, etc. to see if I can get my head around this program. 

This lady also told me about Wild Things Dolls by Wild Ginger. It looks amazing and I'm going to play with it later on. Maybe I can make some patterns for the Gotz dolls. She has made some lovely patterns, turned them into SVG files and cut them out on the Cricut. 

The new quilt shop is opening on Saturday. They are having an opening special of 15% off everything but sewing machines. I don't think I'm going as it will be busy and I'm not wanting to be in a large crowd at this time. 

Knitting

I tried the sweater on the doll and it fits to perfection. 

If I was to make it again to give to a child for their doll, I would go up a needle size using this yarn. It is finer than the yarn I usually use. 

I forged on and finished grandson's socks. They look the same and I'm thrilled with that. 

They are folded up ready to be wrapped. 

I am setting my knitting aside for a few days and am going to read a book. I'm not sure what I will knit next. 

Thoughts

    With my knee and hip feeling better, I am wanting to do more inside the house. It feels good to have the mobility without a lot of pain. Next up will be strengthening so I can do more for longer periods of time and to walk with a good gait. My gait is coming but I'm still not happy with it. 

    I am going to have to start setting up my planner so I can figure out what I want to do each month in the sewing room. I have so many ideas floating in my head that I'm starting to flounder and my mind is shutting down. I also need to finish cleaning the sewing room. As soon as Christmas sewing is done, I will be doing that. 

Today

I have to take grandson to school shortly. Then it's cleaning the bathroom, cutting out the pyjama pants and hot water bottle. I want to start reading a book tonight. I also need to keep exercising my knee and hip. 

Until the next time...............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment