Wednesday, November 09, 2022

A Day of Fabric

 Yesterday was cool and windy. The high got to 9.1C and the wind speeds were gusts up to 54 km/hr. This morning it is 2C and the winds have calmed some -- gusting to 35 km/hr. The high today is suppose to be 7C and sunny. We have a tropical storm coming for Saturday. 

Lifestyle

I spent most of the day around fabric but in the evening I was over to see family. Son has surgery on his shoulder tomorrow so we were making a detailed plan for the next week. We can't do any more than that until we know how long his arm is in a sling due to the type of surgery he had. We had some good laughs and a very happy memory about the Spousal Unit. 

Sewing

I spent a lot of time in the sewing room. I went down to put the binding on the hot pads and I had bought the wrong fabric. It's perfect for another project that has to be made. While waiting for the quilt store to open I made a potholder out of scraps. 

When the store was opened, I headed out to it. I got the stripe fabric and had an oops and this came home with me. 

I am thinking doll's dresses for the Gotz dolls as I bought 1.5 meters of it. I do love the fabric and I can knit them sweaters to go with it. 

Once home, I laundered the stripe fabric and while it was doing its thing, I made a second pot holder. 

I do love how they turned out. Elliott joined me in the sewing room sleeping under a piece of fleece. 

I quickly cut out the 3 pieces of binding, sewed them together and got them on the hot pads. They are now ready to hand sew down. 

I was done sewing for the day as the downstairs was cool and I didn't want to turn on the heat. 

Knitting

Kit got dressed in the new sweater and modelled it for pictures. 

I started the next sweater which will look like this. 


I am on row 50 and have one sleeve knit and am starting to increase for the shoulders???? It is a mystery knit for sure. So far there are no mistakes in the pattern though I did miss one yarn over and had to reknit that row. The yarn is a blue/mulberry tweed mix and it is knitting up quite nicely. I will use up all the yarn for it. 

Today

I have physio at 8:30 a.m., then have to get groceries and a bag of straw to cover the garlic. Once home, I will hand sew the binding down on the hot pads and knit more on the doll's sweater. If time, I may start on the fabric bag. 

Until the next time.................................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment