Monday, November 21, 2022

And It Snowed

Yesterday started off lovely -- sunshine and very little wind. The high got to 6.7C. Mid afternoon, it became cloudy and it snowed. It then cleared off with the stars shining. It was -4C this morning and we are to have a high of 0C with sunshine, clouds, and flurries. There is to be winds until this afternoon.

Lifestyle

I was going out to visit with a friend yesterday so I got a load of laundry wash and dried. It needed to be done as it has been almost a week since I did clothes. 

I also took the Spousal Unit's iPad down to the sewing room and got YouTube to work using chrome cast. I had it set up earlier and it needed the iPad vs my iPhone to run YouTube which I did off the app. I'm happy that is done and will set up a space for it in the sewing room. 

I spent 2.5 hours at a craft bazaar and did well. I had put on my Back On Track knee brace to give it support and walked around with no issues. I did get tired as I haven't done this much walking for a long time. We sat for a bit and had lunch and finished looking. My friend then left me sitting while she went back to pick up a few gifts. We left and I came home happy but exhausted. I did get a few gifts. Maybe next year four of us can go for an enjoyable day out. 

When home, I checked my knee and it wasn't swollen. I did put the cold pack on it to make sure it wouldn't swell and later on a bit of heat. The part that hurt is where I hit it on the steering wheel column. Muscles ached from lack of use and I put heat on them. I will survive and I need to start walking longer distances to build more muscles. 

Sewing

While setting up the iPad, I admired how tidy the cutting table is and how messy the sewing machine table is. I need to think about how I will set it up to have what I need and the iPad on it. A total make over with a huge cleaning of everything. But not until the design table is cleaned up. That is next and could be done this week. 

I ordered sewing machine oil and cleaning swabs and they arrived yesterday. I will be cleaning both of my machines in the next couple of days. I need to review a video first. The oil is only used on the swabs except for a drop in the bobbin case. 

When at the bazaar I'm always looking for ideas. I saw these for sale. 


I found the pattern here a few weeks ago. I am making these for daughter's pets for next Christmas. These are made from minky (a nice fleece type fabric) and I'm going to make mine from cotton. Less bulky to ship. 

It was nice to be able to send daughter a picture of what I plan on making for the pets rather than having her guess at what my idea was. My job now is to find the appropriate fabric for the cuffs. A bit of looking is in order. 

Knitting

I finished the second sleeve and cast on  for the body of the sweater. I had to read the comment section as I knew the number of stitches in the pattern was wrong. I got 10 rows knit on the sweater body last night. 

I am trying to convince the other designer I test for to publish a sweater pattern that she showed on Instagram. Her's is a white background with green trees knit on the front. I love it and have the yarn for it in the stash. 

Thoughts

    I find I get annoyed at testers who make mistakes as they are in a hurry to publish patterns. I don't mind finding mistakes when knitting but I hate it when you get the pattern and the first comment in the group discussion is from the designer saying the number of stitches to cast on for one part is incorrect. Then to find another comment for the same thing on the 2nd item to be knit. This person is setting unrealistic goals on how many patterns she wants published by a certain date and is making silly mistakes when typing up her patterns.  

    I keep looking at my bedroom and the dark curtains are not correct for me. I will be putting them and the dark bedding into the spare room. I want my room to look somewhat like this. 

I will get the light grey curtains, white bedding, and navy/indigo pillows and blanket. I know the bed has navy sheets on it but I will get white ones for my bed. The curtains are great as the room is dark at night. The grey ones are the same brand so should work. If not, I will get black out blinds for those windows. 

Today

I am planning on making a batch of buns and do some cleaning in the kitchen. I want to sew project #5 - doll gloves but should wrap presents instead. We will see what wins. I will knit tonight. 

Until the next time........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment