Monday, November 14, 2022

Day Two - Put Patterns Away

 Day two was to put patterns away. I don't keep quilt patterns lying around as I store them on the computer in such a way that I can access them from either lap top. Knitting patterns are stored on the iPad. But doll and craft patterns are another story. They reside in the sewing room. 

I spent quite a bit of time hunting for the patterns I had shoved away or tossed onto the table I like to sit at and draft doll patterns. I even looked in the closet and found two in there. I put them all onto the the cutting table and sorted them out. Pdf patterns were put into page protectors. I sorted them out so the ones I want to sew next are at the top when I put them into their storage container. I had to really push down to get the lid on storage container I keep these in. 

I have chosen only to have this container for doll patterns. Once it is full, I have to discard some of the pdf patterns as I can print them off if I want to sew them again. At the moment, I have sewn about 50% of them more than once. Several I've sewn countless times. 

There were two patterns for sewing bags that needed to be put away. I did check the craft patterns and kept all 12 of them. I didn't look at the garment patterns as I purged them hard in January. 

I woke up during the night remembering I have one more doll's pattern to put away. It is in a basket of fabric. I will do that today. 

My sewing project yesterday was towel toppers and I had a long sewing spell and finished them to buttons. I suffered from it and the weather with my knee and hip aching last evening. 


Thoughts

    I am finding that I have more positive energy in the sewing room since cleaning off the cutting table and putting away the patterns. I really want to sew for longer periods of time. I have to be careful as it does make my knee sore. 

    I have been putting ideas for 2023 into my planner. My planner will be filled by the end of December and I'm going to get a new one. It will have a sewing section in it as I do most of my planning upstairs. When I write my daily to do list I do include the project I want to sew, what I need to buy, and countless other things. I can look back at what I've done over the course of the year. 

    I am a person who loves to declutter but I also want to organize and clean at the same time. Doing it this way is a bit cumbersome and slow but when done, I am always happy with the results. 

Today I am resting. I will sew buttons on the towel toppers but there will be no other sewing done. If I am able to, I may haul out the tubs of yarn and start sorting them once again. 

When I left the sewing room yesterday the table looked like this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment