Thursday, November 17, 2022

Day 4 - The Design Area; Part 1

Technically, doing the yarn stash was day 3 so day 4 is cleaning up the design table area. 

This area is in a nook in the sewing room. It's the space left over when the closet was installed. It has our antique corner desk and a table in it. The Juki box is stored in there for binders to be stored on but it's not exactly what I had in mind. That may all change when I clean out under the stairs. 

The area I looked at today is where the table is. As it is flat it is the parking spot for paper, patterns, books, and much more. If it didn't fit on the cutting table, it got put on the table. 

The peg board needs to be dealt with. I need to hang the wall hanging somewhere in the sewing room if I decide to keep it. The buttons and patterns need to be put away. The pattern you can barely see reminds me I need to make daughter a vest from fabric she gave me 7-8 years ago. The rulers are kept there for drafting and the containers below need to be reorganized. Not a lot to do but it needs to be done. 

The table is a disaster. The boxes are for Christmas presents. I need to move them into the Christmas gift tub so I will remember to use them. The rest needs to be unloaded onto the cutting table and dealt with. How much do I need to keep and what can I unload. Yes, there is a bit of hoarding going on. I'd love to have just two baskets on the table that holds extras like glue sticks, pencils, erasers, etc. I use for designing. A notebook and pads of graph and tracing paper can go with the binders on the Juki box. They will be close at hand when I go to do designing and drafting.

I bought three courses from Pixie Faire. The first one was couture sewing and I have 15 pages left to finish the course. I'm going to work on it next year and complete it. It is in the binder with Design Academy. I don't have drawings or pictures in that course as I have them all on the computer. I want to revisit this course as I'm into making complete outfits for the dolls rather than a single item.  

The binder I did work on was the Pattern Academy. I thought it was a total disaster but it was very well organized into sections and those sections were in the correct order. I put the pages into page protectors and need one more package to have it done. It was a lot of work but I'm happy as to where I am and will finish it when I get a package each of page protectors and dividers. 

The garbage has been dealt with and the binders are on the Juki box. I really need something higher for them to sit on as I have to get up to get them. But they are neat and ready to be used for referencing. 

The other part of the design area has a corner desk in it. I keep a lap top computer on it so I can read patterns. I will transfer the Pixie Fair course folder onto it. I keep file folders, envelopes and a few other things I don't use often but still need. On the top are some precious items I like. They need to be dusted and then I will show a picture of that part of the design area. 

The goal is to have a neat space where I can sit and work at when I'm doing an outfit for the dolls. I can look up ideas in the design course and tweak pattern using the drafting course. And I can make reference to couture sewing techniques when making some of the outfits I have planned. 

I won't be working on the table today as I'm out and when I get home I need to start working on another Christmas gift. I need to get it started so I can sew some on it each day. That way I can work both on it and more decluttering. 

No comments:

Post a Comment