Sunday, November 27, 2022

Setting and Meeting A Goal

 Yesterday was a grey day with lots of wind. Annoying wind. The high got to 6.9C. This morning it was -1C and calm. We are to have sunshine and 8C. Rain is forecasted for tonight. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I decided to do the budget and when I pay my bills today, I will have met my goal for the month. I am excited that I could do it and still live comfortably. I have the same goal for next month. 

I spent time after dong the budget thinking about what I want to do in the future. Right now, I am not buying from my wants list, just from my needs list. My wants list can wait until later on. I am focusing on Christmas gifts for family. 

I did put a pair of walking poles on the needs list. I will be talking to my therapist about them. I will be using the cane until I get her go ahead to use the poles. I really want to get out and do more walking. I have noticed that people do use walking poles in our area but never thought I would use them. Thank you Carol for the idea. 

I made this shepherd's pie in the afternoon. I was disappointed the carrots were undercooked when I put the meat mixture into the 9 x 9" pan but they were done to perfection when I took it out of the oven. I had one portion for dinner and have 3 portions to freeze. 

The wind really set both Elliott's and my nerves on end. He had problems settling down until he went into the bedroom where it was quieter. I had to deal with it as I was trying to do things on the windy side of the house. We were both a tad cranky when we went to bed last night. 

Sewing

I got the flannel laundered for grandson's pyjama bottoms. It is fluffy and soft making it worth the extra money I paid for it. I looked at the selvage and it is by Northcott. 

I looked at what I need to buy for December. Some fabric for more towel toppers and the Kitchen Aid cover. Zippers for pillows. I have what I need for the hot water bottle cover in the stash. 

I fiddled around with Cricut Design Space to do the shoe pattern. I followed the video instructions starting with step 1 - taking a jpg of the pattern. The way the pattern is set up, you have a lot of words to deal with. I ended up cropping out what I didn't want when previewing the picture. It worked quite well. I'm ready to do the shoe uppers as one file and the soles as another. My goal is to slowly build up my projects as I will buy the Cricut when I meet my big goal. 

Knitting

I didn't knit last night as my nerves were jangled. It was better to leave the needles alone than to make a major mistake. 

Thoughts

    I am happy that I am setting goals but am not feeling deprived (financially) or scatter brained about when to do things. I do have my times when I want to do nothing as I'm grieving and I do let that happen. Otherwise, I try to have a schedule that I follow. 

    With my knee feeling better, I am trying to become more active. I'm doing my exercises to help stretch the leg but I want to be able to go outside and walk. One of my goals this winter is to shovel snow off the driveway. I need to be more active outside on the nice days.

    I am enjoying making meals and will now turn to baking. I have buns, cookies and butter tarts to make in December. I also want to make a couple of desserts for myself. 

Today

I have to pay the bills and make cookie dough which will be put it into the fridge for 24 hours to enhance the flavours. Then I will vacuum the floors and clean the bathroom. I'd love to lay out the pyjama pants as they are my next project. I do hope to knit tonight. If time, I may visit my neighbour. 

Until the next time.............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment