Saturday, November 26, 2022

Learning New Things

 Yesterday started out with lovely pink skies meaning it was going to rain. It was a mixture of sun and clouds during the day and the rain began around 6 pm. The high got to 7.9C. This morning it was 4C and we are to have a high of 3C with a bit of everything including snow. 

Lifestyle

After taking grandson to school, I had a bit of time before I went to physiotherapy. Physio was great as I rode the bike and did walking pulling 20 kg of weight. I even stood on the balance board and noticed an improvement. I'm putting more weight on the sore knee/leg now. The therapist did exercises to stretch my muscles more. There was no sharp pain but you could feel the muscles pulling. She ended that session with stretching my leg from the ankle to the waist. You could feel the muscles, etc. responding to the stretching. I also had heat and current. I walked out of there tired but feeling better. We have to get the leg limbered up before we can do strengthening. I go again in 2 weeks. 

I rested most of the day as I was tired. I did do heat on my back and leg to help keep it loosened up. I also walked around the house to keep limber. I did nap in the afternoon as I was really tired. 

In the evening, daughter-in-law, our friend, and I went to watch the musical "The Little Mermaid" put on by the students at grandson's school. It was a spectacular show with the cast all being very strong actors. Though Ariel is the main character, the students who played Flounder, Sebastian (the crab), Scuttle (the sea gull), and Ursula were equally as strong as the students who play Ariel and Prince Eric. Even the chef was great and had us laughing and clapping in his scene. It was a wonderful evening out and I look forward to doing it again next year. This is a tradition that we have done since 2018. We missed last year as there was a lot of covid around and we didn't want to be in a packed theatre.

Our friend brought me her cane to use. It is a great one with the feet on it for stability. It's easy to adjust and bright and fun.

I used it last night going from the car to the school and it does help. It's a nuisance when inside as I tried to figure out what to do with it in the the performance theatre. But, I will use it when outside for stability. I want to be able to give it back in the spring. 

Sewing

I did no sewing yesterday because I was to rest. I did look at Cricut machines and am thinking of getting one. I'll know more by tomorrow. 

I downloaded the Cricut app to see if I could take pdf patterns and making them into svg files. I followed this video and what a huge learning curve.

I started with a skirt and it must have taken me more than hour to get what I wanted. Hide, size, duplicate, flip, weld, attach and more left my head spinning. But I got it done after two tries. 


Next up I did a simple top and it went faster. I only had 2 pieces to do almost as many steps as the skirt. I really should have started with the top as it went faster. 

The only thing I don't like is that you can not take the svg files and put them on a thumb drive to use on another machine to see if you want to buy one. I had hoped to do that but can't.

Thoughts

    I am happy that my leg is getting better and need to have patience with the process. It was in worse shape than I had thought or hoped. I'll do more exercising at home in the next 2 weeks. I am looking forward to when I can start strengthening my leg. 

    I am looking forward to cooking a bit more this week. I'm going to make the Shepard's Pie and some cookies this weekend. I will move items around in the downstairs freezer so I can put food in it. I enjoy being able to go to the freezer and choose a meal for dinner. I also am enjoying cooking once again as I'm not worrying about having the time to do it. 

Today

I am doing the budget this morning and then will make the Shepard's Pie this afternoon. I have to launder the flannel for grandson's pyjama pants and see if I can clean the bathroom. I'm hoping to finish the sweater tonight but that may not happen if I'm tired.  

Until the next time.........................................................

1 comment:

  1. I have not found a cane to be of any use at all for me. My friends and I have discovered walking poles make a huge difference in our ability to walk, and enjoy walking. Pole height is important: elbows should be at a 45° angle when gripping the poles. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete