Thursday, November 17, 2022

Towel Toppers Completed

 Yesterday was a cloudy day with a high of 4C until late afternoon when it started to rain. By 9 pm, the wind was blowing, it was raining, and the temperature was rising. At midnight it was 13.1C. This morning the wind was blowing and it was 4C. The temperature is to drop to around 2C and we could have some snow flurries. 

Lifestyle

I put a cold pack on my knee 3 times yesterday and it did help keep the swelling down and it was less painful. To balance out the cold, I had the hot water bottle on my back to keep warm. I felt chilly when having the cold pack on me. 

I was out in the morning to be with son for almost 2 hours. We visited and he told me about a game he was watching on TV and which he plays. I picked up grandson from school last night and took him home. I got an update on son -- 6 weeks in the sling and physio is to start next week. 

It was a very quiet day for me as I needed to rest my knee more. It wasn't boring and I didn't have any issues with it. It was what I needed and I rested it for a change. Pushing myself to do things hasn't been the wisest thing to do especially on days the weather is affecting it. 

Sewing

I finished sewing the buttons on daughter-in-law's towel toppers. Another gift done - hurrah. 

I looked at the bag fabric and thought I should iron it and didn't. I went to work cleaning up the binders in the design area. I need to get more page protectors to finish the job.  

Knitting

I ran out of yarn on the doll's sweater. It is annoying when you have enough yarn according to the directions and you don't. I have to now find or order another ball of it. 

I also knit on grandson's socks. I have 14 rounds left to go on the 2nd sock's foot and then I can start doing the toes. 

I am going to get everything together to start a sweater for one of my dolls. I can knit it when I am at family's as I will finish the socks at home. 

Thoughts

    The sewing room declutter/clean up is coming along slowly.  It really isn't bothering me as I can see progress even it is only something small being done. Keeping the cutting table has made me feel happy. It keeps me moving forward. 

    I am keeping a list of projects I want to sew next year. I will divide it into sections -- quilting, dolls clothes, and sewing. I may add a section called gifts. When I start the planner for 2023, I will transfer the ideas to it. Right now it is a running list that I add to it when I think of ideas. And ideas are popping into my head fast and furious. 

    I looked at the plaid flannel I have on the stash shelf and I may have enough for 2 pillows out of each piece. They will be fun to make and nice to have in the family room. 

Today

I have to do a bit of housework before I head out to be with son for a few hours. When I get home, I will either work on the reusable grocery bag or clean up the design table. The bag may win as I need to get it done. Tonight I will knit on grandson's socks. 

Until the next time...................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment