Sunday, November 06, 2022

Placemats Completed

 Yesterday was a warm day of sunshine and clouds. The high got to 21.3C which broke the previous high record. We had a humidex of 25C. Imagine that in early November. This morning the high is 14C. We are to have a high of 23C and it will be a mix of sun and clouds. There is a lovely cool wind blowing this morning that I am enjoying. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning was spent dusting the house and then vacuuming all the floors including the stairs and landing. The two bedrooms, hall and bathroom got their floors washed. I was quite sore after using the vacuum cleaner due to how I bend over. But the job got done. 

Daughter-in-law was over with grandson's bag that needs a zipper put in it. She was wearing a mask and staying a long ways away from me. She wasn't feeling well. She is being careful. We both do our covid rapid test this morning. 

The humidity and warmth yesterday sucked the energy out of me. I could feel my energy leaving when I went out to get the bags of salt from the shed. That job is done and I survived. 

This popped up on Facebook yesterday. People I know in BC are now counting the days to Christmas. They will show up on a regular basis.  I don't worry about the number of days until Christmas. Never have even when teaching school. 

Sewing

I finished the placemats yesterday. It was nice to tie the last knot and bury the thread. 

I can now start the 2 - 12" square hot pads. It is nice how this gift is falling into place. 

Knitting

I have the first 20 rows of the first sleeve done. I'm half way done. It is easy to knit as you just knit around and around and around. 

Thoughts

    I am starting to worry more about covid as winter is coming. People around us are getting it for the 2nd time. I still wear a mask, use hand sanitizer, and social distance. I'm vaccinated but I still worry. I don't want to be sick and spread it to others including family. Right now is a bad time for us to get it. 

    When hand sewing the placemats, I was cold as cold could be. When I got up to the bathroom, the room was warm. I thought I was sick but I felt fine. I looked up at the ceiling for some unknown reason and I'm sitting underneath the fresh air vent for the air exchange system. It was blowing cold air on me. I am going to have to sit in the other chair when downstairs. I may move the chairs over which is no big deal.  

    I was back in the storage room yesterday to see if I could make a plan on how to clean it. I cringed and walked out. It is such a mess that I will do what I normally do when dealing with a mess -- start in a corner and work my way around the room. Or will it be out of the room. I needs to be done next hence why I was trying to put a plan together. 

Today

I will finish cleaning upstairs this morning. I have to pop over to see my neighbour about the zipper in grandson's bag, home to make dinner and then see if I can knit tonight. With changing back to standard time, I could be tired as I adjust. If enough time, I may cut out the pieces for the hot pads. 

Until the next time.............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment