Friday, November 04, 2022

Progress All Around

 Yesterday was a cool day with a mix of sun and clouds. The high got to 12.9C. It was chilly when standing in the shade. This morning it is 5C and we are to have sunny weather and a high of 19C. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I worked in the family room. I moved some furniture, swept that part of the floor, cleaned the moved furniture, and washed the floor. I moved the box with the Spousal Unit's favourite picture in it into the bathroom so I wouldn't knock it over.

I then grabbed a tub of pictures and proceeded to go through them. I handled each picture once. I removed pictures I no longer want or haven't the room to hang them up and made a fast decision on the frames. I kept 4 frames, gave daughter 2, and put the rest in the storage room to go to the thrift shop. One picture I am sending her as it is part of the pictures the Spousal Unit wants her to have. While going through the tub, I found the frame we bought for the horse picture I already sent to daughter. I'm wrapping it up for a Christmas gift so she can put the picture in it. The tub was removed from the basement into the garage. We can use it to put items in that need to be sold or taken to son's house. I have a few items in that area to put away. They are the pictures I want in the two upstairs bedrooms and the hall. I have to say I'm happy that job is done and no tears were shed. 

The part of the family room I did looks empty as I haven't done any decorating yet. This is where I will sit to watch TV and do hand sewing and knitting. I'm still thinking about the white table as it is tall. I have since moved it towards the back of the one chair. The chairs may even get moved further back towards the rocking chair. I need to test that out for watching TV. The second chair will be moved closer to the table. 

The wall with the TV on it is going to be bare. I may find something to put on the ledge under the heat pump head. The items on the shelves blend in with the colour of the wood but when I sit in the chair, I can see them. I removed the Wii and all the games so grandson can sell it for me. 

I am happy with how it looks so far. I need to find some fabric for pillows as I'm waffling about the Hudson Bay look. I'm now leaning towards plaid fabric. I will continue to look around to see what I can find. I'm trying to be open minded about what I want.

The next part of the family room needs someone to help me hang the remaining two pictures. They are bigger and one is quite heavy. I was too tired to even think about the remaining area but I did do a bit of planning after resting and having lunch.  

Daughter texted me late last night that they had snow where they live. I was surprised to hear and then see that 9 semis were jack knifed going up the hill going south out of Cache Creek. No snow plows on the road. Just the local fire chief in the pick up truck. I don't know how she got to and from her place to feed the horses as she has to go where the semis were stuck. I'm sure the snow will go today as they are to get snow and rain with a high of 8C. 

Sewing

I spent a good 2 hours in the sewing room and got the place mats ready for hand sewing. I had a lot of fun making sure the joins were done nicely and one would never know where they were unless they looked. 

I had bought .5 meter of fabric for the binding and I have enough left for the strips on pot holders. There certainly was no waste on this piece of fabric. 

I didn't think about doll sewing at all as I need to finish Christmas sewing. It is the focus for now. 

Knitting

I settled down and had a good evening of knitting. I am about 15 rows from finishing the body. I got into the rhythm of the last pattern so it has been easy knitting. 

I am hoping to have it done by Sunday night as I have another pattern to test for another designer. It is equally as cute but knit in sock yarn. 

Thoughts

    The family room is coming along really well. I wish it had been done a couple of years ago but it wasn't. We did enjoy it prior to the Spousal Unit's becoming ill which was important. There are a lot of happy memories doing puzzles and watching TV in that room.

    I am less scatter brained than I was. I think I was having a spell of grieving and depression. My brain just wasn't able to focus on any particular job I wanted to do. I noticed it when sewing, knitting, and doing housework. I really just wanted to veg and sleep. 

    My knee and hip are improving but still get tired quicker than I'd like. I am doing more each day which is helping it get stronger. I continue to stretch it all the time which helps. I'm still working on striding and getting a gait that I'm comfortable with. I'm hoping I can get outside and walk a bit each day. The house is taking longer than expected to clean.

Today

It will be a long morning in the family room as I want to finish it. I will then test it out this afternoon hand sewing down the binding on the placemats. I will be knitting tonight as I'd like to get the body of the doll sweater done. 

Until the next time.........................................................  

No comments:

Post a Comment