Friday, November 18, 2022

A Day of Visiting

Yesterday the weather was cold; the 13C at midnight went down to 5.4C for the official high of the day. It dropped again in the late afternoon, the wind came up and we had snow flurries all evening. Not a lot but enough to say it snowed. This morning, it is 0C with a windchill of -5C. The high will get to 1C, the wind will blow, and we may see the sun shine. Windchill -8C. Brrrrr..........

Lifestyle

Before heading out to see son, I did some housework. The kitchen was cleaned which always makes me happy. I folded the last load of laundry which was small. 

When home from helping son, I went to visit our neighbour. She had gotten home shortly before I arrived. She delivered chemo caps in Halifax and was to Cole Harbour to get a spool holder for her quilting machine. She looked around a fabric store that I would like to visit. 

My knee is better but I am thinking of getting a brace for it. One that I can adjust to fit my fat knee. I will wear it until I get the muscles strengthened around the knee and I can walk some distance without it getting tired. I continue to stretch the ham string muscle as it is still not stretched out properly. It is coming along and is much better than it was when I first started. Even my back is better. 

Sewing

I did no sewing yesterday. I was too busy visiting with my neighbour. We had great discussions on fabrics, batting, and classes we would like to take. I enjoyed every minute of those discussions. She showed me some lovely fabric she bought from her brother as they are wanting to open a quilt shop in their small community. Her bother does long arm quilting as a side job. My neighbour often goes over to use his machine to quilt her big projects as she finds it hard to do them on her small quilting machine. 

I did think about the Regency Doll outfit at dinner. I have been all over the internet looking for ideas on how to finish this outfit. I should have been looking at the pattern I used to make the dress and overlay. 

There is the stole pattern I wanted. I will be tracing it when I start working on completing this outfit. I still will need to make pantaloons (not era correct) and gloves to finish this Full Dress outfit. (There is a glove pattern included also.) One thing I did read was the dresses were made in different colours not just white. From the pictures I saw, they were plain fabrics not prints. The little jackets could be a different colour from the dress. 

Knitting

I finished the foot on sock #2 and started on the toe. I'm about 1/3 done the toe (maybe further along than that). They will be done later on. 

The next pattern has been delivered and I will start it tonight. It is cute and has a bit of an Edwardian feel to it. 

Thoughts

    I didn't do any decluttering or cleaning in the sewing room yesterday. I'm okay with that as I can do it when I have the time. It doesn't need to be done in a hurry. I find leaving an area I'm working on and thinking about it allows me to formulate a better plan on what to do with the excess stuff. 

    My neighbour gave me her box of buttons for me to pick out what I want for the dolls. I will be having fun going through it when I have time. The people size buttons will be returned as she wants them. 

    I have decided I am going to learn how to long arm quilt so I can do smaller quilts on it. I will then have someone do the larger ones for me. I will continue to do straight line quilting on my machine as I love to do it. I won't learn how until spring as I don't want to commit to a date when we have our snowy weather. 

Today

I have my head wrapped around the bag design so I'm going to spend as much time as possible working on it. I have to go help son make his lunch and then will be home to work on the bag to prepare to sew it together. Tonight I will start the doll's sweater. 

Until the next time............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment