Sunday, November 20, 2022

Reusable Grocery Bag Completed

Yesterday was warmer with sunshine and very little wind. The high got to 5.8C. This morning it is 2C and we could have sun, clouds, moisture and a high of 5C. 

Lifestyle

I decided that I would clean my bedroom yesterday. I was not sleeping well and it may be a combination of dust and light curtains. I grabbed the duster and got busy. The old curtains came off and they were dusty. I had an allergy attack. I used the duster and did a thorough job of cleaning around the window area and then started around the room. There was a layer of dust on everything. I sneezed, coughed, choked, and wondered where it came from. as I thought I had done this room not that long ago. I was wrong. It was late September when I last did a big clean in there. Too long when you. have allergies.  

I grabbed the new 100% blackout curtains I had bought in September and put them up. They are not floor length but they do the job for now. If I want to, I can put them in the spare room and put longer ones in my room. I'm still deciding. I was finished the room at nearly noon though the floor does need washing. I slept much better last night as the room was dark (no porch lights from the neighbour's shining in) and clean. 

Once the room was done, I had to go out to get my medications. When getting into the car, I hit my bad knee on the steering wheel column. I sat in the car in pain trying not to cry or be sick. It hurt for the rest of the day leaving me to put cold and hot on it to help ease the pain. 

I have decided that I am going to start making buns twice a week and a couple of pots of soup that I can put in the freezer. I am also going to make a few desserts and have one I would love to try - Flapjack Apple Crumble which I saw when watching Nadiya's British Food Adventure. I think these will be great for lunch and dinners in the winter. This should break my habit of only cooking a few dishes over and over and over. I need to have more variety in my diet. 

Sewing

I did sew yesterday with my sore knee. I was just extra careful not to let it get stiff. 

I finished the bag and am pleased with it. I still think the light in the weaving is too bright but it makes you look at the weaving rather than the bag. The blues go with the blues in the other fabric quite well. 

The lining was easy to make and went in nicely. I hand sewed the opening and put the button. A good press and it was done. It's folded ready to be put in its ziplock bag. Project #4 is done and I can start the last of the projects I found on the table - the doll's gloves. 

I have 2 more projects on the table to sew. One is pyjama pants for grandson and the other is the hot water bottle cover for me. If all goes well, I may have them done by the end of the month. 

When the two above projects are completed, I will get back to cleaning the sewing room. What I have done is still neat and tidy. I clean up every night in preparation for the next day. But, there is still a lot to do in that room. While cleaning, I will do some sewing. Maybe not every day, but most days. 

Knitting

I was over zealous on knitting the first sleeve and did too many rows. I had to unknit about 8 rows and finished the sleeve. I went to photograph it and found it is near impossible to show the puffiness at the top of the sleeve. I started the 2nd sleeve and have the ribbing done. 

One more evening and it will be complete and I can start the body of the sweater. When done, I will finish the socks and I may start another project or I may just read a book. 

Thoughts

    I was upset that I hurt my knee yesterday and thought it would set me back. I don't think so as it feels better today. I need to be super careful not to hit it again as it sure did hurt. 

    I am happy with how much Christmas sewing I have done and once it is out of the way, I will be back cleaning the sewing room. I attached Chrome Cast to the TV in the room and was shocked at how dirty it was behind the book case it sits on. 

    I got chrome cast updated and on the TV but I can't figure out how to make it work. I need to try using the iPad rather than my phone. I'm thinking the Spousal Unit's iPad will be used down in the sewing room. I'll set it up so it will charge all the time in that room and be handy for me to handle. That means the sewing machine cabinet will need to be reorganized. 

    I am trying to figure out what I need for cooking/baking. I've been very careful not to have too many items but I need a few more. A couple of new knives would be great as one of the old ones is pretty much worn out and one needs sharpening. I am thinking of what else I need and need to do a rummage in one cupboard. I know I need spices and seasonings and a few other items. I also need to set aside a couple of mornings a week to cook. 


Today

I have one load of laundry to do and then I am going to Wolfville to the craft bazaar. I was asked yesterday but couldn't go due to cleaning the bedroom. I won't be sewing but I will knit tonight. 

Until the next time.....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment