Tuesday, November 22, 2022

A Period of Grieving

 Yesterday was sunny and cool. The high got to 0.8C. It rained during the night and the temperature was 3C this morning. The snow is gone and the roads are wet. The high will be 3C with sunshine and wind. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I made buns. The yeast is new but the dough was slow proofing. When I looked, I had bought traditional yeast not instant/fast rising yeast. It took a long time to proof but we got it done. 

While waiting for the buns to proof, I cleaned the kitchen and swept the floor. It needed doing. I love having a clean kitchen especially after cooking. 

After lunch, I headed out to pay the water bill and to give family their share of the buns, return a dish and give grandson some music to practice. I didn't stay long as daughter-in-law was sleeping. She is exhausted from doing it all and needed to recover from her exhaustion. I understand that all to well. 

I went to visit a neighbour on my way home. She had a knee replacement on Friday and is doing well. We laughed and had a good visit. Her husband was sleeping as he was exhausted from doing everything. She will have her other knee replacement in 6-8 months. 

Once home, I made a roasted chicken dinner. It was good. There is enough left over for lunch and dinner today. The left overs will be made into soup stock. If there is lots of meat, I will make another chicken pot pie. 

Sewing

I didn't sew yesterday as I was too busy doing other things. Project 5 is waiting for me. 

I am working on my list to finish up this year and then starting to think of next year. The list is getting longer but I can sew lots during the winter months. I need to organize the list next month so I can get an idea of what I want to sew when. 

Once I finish sewing for Christmas, I will be back to cleaning the sewing room. I'm, once again, focused on cleaning upstairs as it needs to be done. Mainly dusting and floors though I'm checking areas and dusting them. 

Knitting

I knit on the sweater body and am ready to divide the body into fronts and backs. The pattern going up one side is cute. I only read and knit the pattern and can finish the row and purl back without looking at it. 

Thoughts

    I had a tough evening. My mood dipped, my IBS flared up, and I had what I thought was a panic/anxiety attack when I went to bed. I worked through it all once I realized it was 2 months ago the Spousal Unit had passed and I was grieving. I spent the time thinking happy memories about him and it passed. 

    I have decided that I am going to make a list of recipes I want to cook. I need to continue including more choices in my diet. I have been thinking hard and now have shepard's pie, sausage rolls, and hamburger soup added to the list. I know I can freeze these to eat later on. 

Today

I am a bit tired from last night but am going to push forward making the chicken soup and tidying up the dining area of the house. If I have time, I will sew the doll's gloves though I should be wrapping presents. Tonight I will knit. While knitting I look for recipes I might want to make. 

Until the next time..............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment