Tuesday, November 08, 2022

A Very Busy Day

 Yesterday was mainly cloudy and showery. It rained hard in the afternoon and then cleared off. The high got to 20.3C which was in the morning as it cooled off during the day. Another high record broken; the 4th in a row. This morning it was 7C and we are to have a mix of sun and cloud. The high is to remain at about 7C today. 

Lifestyle

The house was warm and I was tired from not sleeping well but I got to work. The first job was to finish October's budget and it took me a bit of time. I finally got it done and had a ponder about it while doing the few upstairs chores. 

I also did 3 loads of laundry and 1 load of fabric. The bed is changed and it's nice to have clean blankets and sheets. The amount of cat hair on the blankets was disgusting. Elliott was not impressed as he had to sleep elsewhere for his long day nap. He's back under that blanket already this morning. 

After lunch and a short rest, I made 2 apple crisps and 2 chicken pot pies. I also cooked a chicken breast for dinner. By dinner time, the kitchen was cleaned up and I was feeling proud of my accomplishments. I wasn't too sore either though I was tired. In actual fact, all my chores for the day were accomplished. 

The house was overly warm yesterday and having the windows opened didn't help. It was humid in the house so I put on the dehumidifier and it helped. By the time I turned it off, I could open windows to cool the house off. 

With the skies clear, we could see the full moon last night which was called the blood moon. It was gorgeous to look at as it was very clear and yellow. I missed the lunar eclipse this morning as I looked out too late. I use to love looking at the full moon especially when living in northern BC. The Harvest moon was my favourite as it looked huge hanging above the horizon just outside of Dawson Creek. I use to stop at the top of a hill and look at it before heading down the hill to home.

Sewing

After doing the budget and the few upstair chores, my next job was to make the hot pads for daughter's gift. I measured and had to make them 10.5" square. I didn't have enough of the backing. The remaining piece of backing was 12.5" wide. I had enough insulbrite for the hot pads and by noon both were ready for binding. I have to cut the binding from the stripe fabric I just bought and I hope to finish them today. No pictures were taken as I was going from one job to another in a hurry. There is enough fabric and insulbrite left to make 3-4 potholders. 

I briefly thought about the bag and did a couple of mental calculations in my head. It is next on my list and, if I have time, I will go back and do the potholders. 

Knitting

I worked on the sweater and completed it last night. 

I need to get it on Kit and take pictures for the designer. I'm glad it's done as I've struggled with the pattern due to where I was mentally (scatter brained). 

I have to find the yarn for the next sweater and start it. 

Thoughts

    I did a good ponder on the budget and am happy about the future. I need to be careful as I've always been. The bonus this month - the last car payment will be made. 

    I have been stressed out more than I realized. I had one good IBS attack yesterday telling me to calm down. The signs have been building up - sore shoulders, jaw aching, and my back being super sore. A few more days and I can relax more. 

    I decided on the first job in the storage room. It is to break down the boxes the dolls came in. I found a video that shows how to do it. Then they can all fit in a smaller space in the cupboard. Once that is done, I will stack the tubs and start on the shelving unit known as "Grandma's little stash". It is a disaster and no longer a stash. I need to rethink what I want to do with that shelving unit. 

Today

The goal is to finish up the hot pads and then make spaghetti sauce for lasagna which I will make tomorrow. I hope to start the next sweater tonight. Another very focused day trying to get things done. 

Until the next time...................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment