Monday, November 14, 2022

Project #3 Sewn

Yesterday started off with sun and clouds with a high of 8.2C. Mid afternoon, it became dark and it started to rain. By the time it stopped around 8 p.m., 3/4" had fallen. This morning, the wind is blowing and it was 6C. There is to be sun, clouds, showers, and wind today and the high is to get to 5C. 

Lifestyle

The storm that came in yesterday had my knee aching. It did not like this system at all. Though it hurt, I noticed that I am walking better and standing longer. A great improvement in 2 months. I have been doing the exercises and they do hurt but I'm determined to get the muscles stretched and strengthened. 

I spent a bit of time putting away the little step ladder and broom. It was making the family room look messy. It is also making me keep things tidier and wanting to get other parts of the house cleaned up. I looked at the storage room and am going to have to tackle it sooner rather than later. I did fold one of the doll's boxes flat and have a second one ready to do. 

It fits in the small cupboard on its edge perfectly. I need to get more elastics to finish the job. I am hoping that all the boxes will fit on one cupboard shelf so I can store a bit more in the cupboard. 

Sewing

I am in full swing sewing projects. Yesterday's job was to make project 3 - towel toppers and they are ready to have the buttons sewn on today. They are a simple make though I did do some hand basting when I turned up the hem on the toppers. It made it so much easier to handle when I attached the towels.

I have one cut out for myself with another one ready to cut out. I have put them away for now as I have other gifts to make. 

I need to get to the big box fabric store and get flannel for grandson's pyjama pants. I may go on Friday and do a bit of other shopping at the same time. I will phone the store before I go to make sure they are open and in the same location. 

Knitting

I knit on the doll's sweater and got the top part done. It wasn't hard to do once I got all the stitches picked up and started to knit. 

I put it aside and knit on grandson's socks. I needed something different and brain dead to work on. 

I will be playing yarn chicken with these socks. The toes will be the dark grey to match the heel, thank goodness. 

Today

I have the Alzheimer's support group this morning which will be my last one. I want to do a bit of cleaning upstairs as it is time to do the floors and start dusting all the rooms. Buttons will be sewn on the towel toppers and I will knit. It is rest day for my knee. 

Until the next time.....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment