Friday, November 25, 2022

An Afternoon In Sackville

 Yesterday was another sunny day with a high of 0.3C. The wind did blow a bit in the afternoon. This morning it was -5C with a wind chill of -8C. There is a south wind and the high is to get to 9C with rain tonight. 

Lifestyle

I stopped thinking of about wrapping the gifts to ship across Canada and actually went downstairs and did the job. Having the cutting table clean was a bonus as I could use it if I needed to. I used mainly gift bags and when I was done, the box was overweight. 

After thinking about it, I took out picture frames that weren't gifts and I will send them in a prepaid box later on. The box was taped shut and put into the car. 

After lunch, I got my neighbour and we headed to Sackville so I could mail the parcel and we could do some shopping. We did  the grocery store and the Dollar store. I got some more gifts and a few kitchen items for myself. 

Once home, I rested as my knee was tired. I'm really surprised at how much I more I am doing but I still need to have more strength in my body. I'm thinking of something to help it out so I can start walking outside. 

Sewing

No sewing done yesterday as I needed to do other things. Next up is pyjama pants and they are on the table waiting for me to launder the fabric and start. 

I have so many items I want to sew next year that I am going to have to really plan what I want to make each year. I'm going to try new techniques, use up what I have and have some fun. 

Knitting

I finished knitting the body of the sweater. I need to try it on the doll and then block it before sewing in the sleeves. I'm hoping it will fit. It is quite cute. 

Thoughts

    Black Friday is upon us and I'm, once again, amazed at the sales everywhere in Canada. I am refraining from buying anything as I don't do my budget until tomorrow and I don't need to get anything from my want list this year.  

    I am noticing that I'm getting stronger and going harder on my sore knee. It gets tired and when that happens, my other knee hurts also from over compensation. I'm much better than I was in September. 

    I am, once again, writing a to do list of what I need to clean in the house. I'm trying to get it done in a timely fashion which seems to fly out the window. More focus and time management. 

Today

I have done a load of laundry and am getting ready to take grandson to school. I have physio this morning and want to tackle floors this afternoon. This evening I'm out with daughter-in-law and a friend to see the senior students put on The Little Mermaid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment