Thursday, November 10, 2022

Hot Pads Completed

Yesterday was another sunny but cool day. The high got to 5.9C. Bonus - very little wind. The coolest it got during the night was 2C at 2 am and it was 5C when I got up. Today is suppose to be sunny, cloudy, and showery with a high of 16C. 

Lifestyle

I was at physio at 8:30 a.m. and did the gym exercises. I then showed the therapist what I had been doing at home and she tweaked the exercise a bit and gave me one more to do. It is the butterfly and windshield wiper twist. Both are yoga exercises. The therapist did a lot of rotating of the knee and the long body stretch about 6-8 times. I was exhausted when I left but felt better. 

The next thing on the list was groceries and getting a bag of straw for the garlic. Both were done and I was home and after putting things away, I rested on the couch. I was really tired but felt I had done well when out. My gait and stride were nearly normal. I did have some pain but not a great deal. 

I won't cover the garlic until after the storms are gone. Probably Tuesday morning as we have a chance of snow Tuesday night and cooler weather. 

I made a large lasagna and it is in the fridge ready to be cut and frozen. I will be having lasagna for dinner tonight. It is nice to know that I have some meals in the freezer for the coming week or two when I will be busy helping son as he is having his surgery this morning. 

With Hurricane Nicole and another storm from Ontario coming, I woke to a sharp pain in my knee and back last night. I put heat on it and got as comfortable as I could. I then slept for 5 hours straight. Not bad for having pain. 

Sewing

I hand sewed the binding down on the hot pads yesterday afternoon. 

It is nice to have the set done though I will be looking to see if there is enough scraps to make one more pot holder. It may have to have the wood fabric on the back. Next up is the bag and the parcel can be shipped. 

Knitting

I worked on the sweater last night (it has been published) and have started the 2nd sleeve. I am hoping I have enough yarn as this designer thinks all her sweaters can be knit from 25 grams. I find they take between 40 and 50 grams. 

The designer and I talked about her next knit and the sweater has an Edwardian vibe. I said I would sew my Edwardian skirt to go with it and she is going to try and do a similar skirt in knitting. I need to let her know that she should do a slim one for a more modern look also. 

Today

I am out the door shortly to make sure grandson is up and ready for school. Then it will be home and do a bit on the bag before getting a hair cut. Home to do more sewing and then we wait and see if I need to pick up grandson from school. I will knit tonight. 

Until the next time.......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment