Thursday, November 24, 2022

Another Pair Of Gloves

Yesterday was another lovely fall day with a high of 3.8C. This morning it was -6C with a wind chill of -9C. We are to have sunshine and a high of 0C. There will be a cold north wind today. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning, I did my grocery shopping and was home in good time. After the groceries were put away, I started chopping vegetables for the chicken soup. In went leeks, celery and onions after they sweat for a bit in the frying pan. Then carrots were added and left to simmer for an hour. The chicken was added and another hour or so of simmering before adjusting the seasonings. I have 5 meals of soup in the freezer. Next up is Shepard's Pie. I'll do that in a couple of days. Housework is next on the agenda. 

I got the table ready to wrap Christmas gifts. I can do part of them and then I need to do some serious thinking about the rest. I need to ship the box asap. 

I had dinner with son last night and we watched a bit of TV. He is doing so well since he has had surgery.

Sewing

I sewed a second pair of gloves yesterday. I used a back and forward stitch which was great for the gloves but not for the hems. Not a lot of stretch. But it sure holds the fabric in place around the thumb area. I did Fabric Check that area also. 

Addy wanted a grown up dress on when modelling the gloves. I found this in the historical outfit bin. I made it March 2020 just as the pandemic was entering our lives. 

I now need to buy more socks to try the lightening stitch when sewing the next gloves. I did change out the feed dogs and stitch plate to the wide opening and did a sample on the left over sock fabric. It a nice stitch for sewing the gloves. 

I looked at the dress and it is crying out for a stole. I may have to make one for this outfit out of 4" wide lace trim. I'm thinking on it along with shoes. We wait and see as the other Regency outfit needs completing first. One outfit at a time. 

Knitting

The mistake was corrected on the right side of the sweater by the designer (I had figured it out but let her correct it for the pattern). I now have the right side and the back completed and have started on the left side. I'll be done by Monday or so I hope. 

When done the sweater, I need to finish the socks and take a break for a few days. I may just read a book before I start another project. 

Thoughts

    I've been thinking about what I need and what I want. I make lists, throw them out, and make more lists. I'm going through an adjustment phase right now so don't want to get something I will regret buying later on. On my list is an Instant Pot and Robot floor cleaner as the big ticket items. Both will have to wait as I don't know if I need right them now. 

    I have enjoyed my cooking spree and have the fridge freezer full to the top. I need to clean the downstairs freezer and use it also. I'm happy to have meals that I can heat when I need them. I've been eating them up happily the past while. I now need to clean house before I do any more cooking or baking.

Today

 I was going to go shopping in the city but won't until next week when the weather is nicer. I will do housework this morning, launder the flannel for grandson's pyjama bottoms, wrap presents in the afternoon, and knit tonight. I may have to do something else to help pass the time as it seems like I may be bored today. 

Until the next time...............................................

2 comments:

  1. I love my Deebot robot vacuum. She scurries around, eager to help me. (I think that is called anthropomorphizing my vacuum.) The key is to not watch them working as it can drive you nuts, trying to figure out the pattern of their route. I used to have a Roomba but it didn't last very long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time is too precious to spend it sweeping! We all use a washer to do our clothes not a scrub board.

    ReplyDelete