Saturday, November 12, 2022

A Break In Routine

Yesterday was a mix of sunshine and clouds with a high of 19.1C. This morning it is 18C and wet. Post tropical storm Nicole has started to arrive. The high today is to be 18C and we could have 2.5 - 3" of rain and some good gusts of wind. 

Lifestyle

I got the floors swept, laundry done, the kitchen cleaned and a batch of buns baked. I haven't made buns in a long time and it was time to make them again. They were under proofed as the yeast is old and near expiry date. I will toss it and use the new yeast I bought when I bake buns again on Tuesday. 

I spent the afternoon and dinner at family's. Son is doing well, sleeping lots which is expected. He will improve daily as he doesn't have the old pain in his shoulder. Repair job was a success. 

My knee and hip hurt off and on yesterday as the storm approached. I kept working resting as needed. It is annoying to have to stop and sit down but it is what I have to do at this time according to the physiotherapist. One day it should be fine and I can do more. 

Sewing

Yesterday's venture into the sewing room was to shorten the elastic in grandson's pyjama pants. Grandson has ordered another pair of pyjama pants for this Christmas. Looking forward to sewing him another pair. 

Knitting

I got about 16 rounds knit on grandson's first sock yesterday. Last night I got more done on the sweater and my fear is coming to fruition. I won't have enough yarn to finish this sweater unless I find more yarn. I will be setting it aside when I run out of yarn and figuring out where to find more. 

Thoughts

    I am thrilled that son's surgery on his shoulder went well and he is now on the road to recovery and will be able to do more activities when it's healed and strong. 

    I am disgusted with the sewing room and am going to start cleaning it up immediately. I have a game plan which I will start doing in a separate post on the days I clean. I still have a lot of sewing to do but I need to start organizing the room so it is more organized and minimal in its look. It needs to reflect the look of the house in general. 

    On days I can, I will be tackling the storage room. The plan is mainly in place starting with collapsing the doll's boxes and then doing the shelving unit. 

    I realize my funk in life is from being doing the same thing over and over each day. Baking buns yesterday was great therapy for me. It was also a break in the mundane routine I have gotten into. As time goes on, I hope to do some more different things so I don't feel like I'm in a funk. 

Today

The goal is to start doing a bit of cleaning in the sewing room. If time I may collapse the doll's boxes. I have to be out to family's at 2:30 pm. and will get home later in the evening. I will knit while at family's but may not knit tonight at home. 

Until the next time...................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment