Sunday, November 13, 2022

Day One - Take Out The Garbage

 Yesterday was Day One yesterday of cleaning the sewing room It was take out the garbage which is a great way to start cleaning. 

Both garbage cans were just as full as the one shown. But, I just couldn't tie them up and toss them as say "Done" and then start sewing. 

The table was rearing its ugly head saying there was garbage on it. 

I started at the mat end and worked my way down the table. Fabrics were ironed, folded, and what ever else I needed to do before I put them away. Not perfectly away but on the shelving unit or in the closet. Scraps were put in a pile. Projects were sorted into piles. More items were put away and soon it was just projects on the table. 

Project 1 - the last potholder which was made from scraps. 

This one took the longest to prepare as I had to sew two pieces of insulbrite together and cut out all the pieces. The scraps tossed. Project 1 was ready to sew. 

Project 2 needed to be pressed and it was ready for piping. 

Project 3 was at the bottom of a huge pile of fabric and the fabric needs laundering. It will be a reusable grocery bag. 

Project 4 needed me to find the towels to put with the fabric and interfacing. They were located after a short hunt. The lobster fabric is a mock up of what the towel topper will look like. 

And lastly, Project 5 was the gloves for the Regency outfit. It was together so I added it to the pile. 

With all the projects neatly put on the cutting mat, I hobbled upstairs to get the cleaner, cloth, broom and dust pan. The cutting table was scrubbed clean and the projects put out at the far end of the table so I could see them. 

Next up was to sweep the floor and get the garbage out to the trash bin. 

It would have been so easy to just empty the garbage but when I looked at what I had done, I was proud of myself. I had a clean table to work on. I grabbed project 1 and had it done by the time I was ready for lunch. 

After lunch I made the piping and have it ready to ship. 

When I left the room, the cutting table was tidy and it had 2 less projects on it. Allowing myself to sew two easy projects was a  great reward for "Taking Out The Garbage". 

No comments:

Post a Comment