Monday, November 28, 2022

New Programs To Think About

 Yesterday was a lovely warm day with a high of 11.9C. There was sunshine, clouds and some wind. This morning it was 9C and raining. It is to be wet with a high of 10C with it cooling off to 3C this afternoon.

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning, daughter-in-law came over and hung the Christmas lights on the garage and front doors. I was set to have no outdoor lights this year and this was a lovely surprise. It made me feel festive. 

I made a batch of sugar top ginger cookies for daughter-in-law and I was disappointed in the dough. It was drier than I've made in the past 5 years. Not sure what went wrong but they are edible. I'll be making a batch again this week to see if it was me measuring something incorrectly. I'm thinking it was the molasses.

I didn't do much else after cleaning up the kitchen as I spent a lot of time exercising my knee. The storm coming in made it sore. I did a lot of bending it up and down sitting on the couch. It moved some fluid and it is less sore today. I'm not holding my breath but will continue doing more exercises off and on today to see if it helps. I'm wanting to get it stretched out so I can start strengthening it.  

Sewing

I didn't sew yesterday as my knee was sore and I was exercising it. But I did think a bit about what I need to sew in the next couple of weeks.  Once the pyjama pants are cut out, I can put the rest of the projects on the cutting table so I can sew them up. 

I also thought about cleaning more of the sewing room. Once I get a couple of gifts made, I will be focusing on doing some each day. A couple of ideas are floating in my mind for the design area to make it better. 

A lady on Pattern Review said she uses Inkscape to make her SVG files for Circut. It's free and you have your files on your computer. I'm downloading it to learn how to use it. She also said she uses Wild Things For Dolls to make her doll patterns. There is a 30 day free trial I will download later on to play with. I feel like I have a new door open so I can wander down a new learning path. 

Knitting

I wanted to nap but couldn't so I finished the doll's sweater yesterday afternoon. I'd do some stitching, exercise my knee, do some more and it was finally put together. 


It is going to fit the doll a bit tight as the yarn is finer (and more expensive) than the yarn I usually use for this designer's patterns. It is a cute sweater but I won't make it again. Once is enough for this pattern. 

I picked up grandson's socks and am ready to decrease each row on the toe of the first sock. I need to watch the video and get it done and then finish the 2nd sock's toe. 

Thoughts

    My knee was much better this morning. I did a lot of exercises yesterday using some I found on Instagram. Bending my knee about 10-15 times before getting up allows the knee to lubricate and not have me limping for a few minutes when I start to walk. I also did standing on my toes/heels a couple of times which was good. I will be trying more of the exercises today. 

    Though it is grey and wet this morning, I'm in a better mood. I'm ready to start housework once again. I'm not sure if it was my knee or if I was depressed and missing the Spousal Unit. I do have these spells and it could have been one of them. 

Today

I'm off shortly to take grandson to school. I have to pay bills this morning, vacuum and hopefully wash some floors, lay out grandson's pyjama pants this afternoon, and then knit tonight. I'm hoping my energy stays with me today as I need to move forward with the house cleaning. 

Until the next time......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment