Monday, November 07, 2022

Temperature Records Broken

 Yesterday was a combination of sunshine and clouds. The wind also blew which was a bonus as the high got to 23.7C with a humidex of 27. This morning it is 20C with a humidex of 24C. It is suppose to rain this afternoon and by evening the winds are suppose to change from the south to the north. Cooler weather is coming.

Lifestyle

I had the windows open in the house all day and the wind kept it sort of cool inside. If you call 22C cool. The wind made it bearable to go outside which was nice. It is so strange to have broken the high temperatures for the past 3 days. We will probably break it again today. Two things I noticed -- the garlic is up 4" in the garden box and the lawn has grown about 1.5". 

Once again I tested negative for covid as did daughter-in-law. We are so happy that we are dodging it due to following the recommendations to stay safe. 

I cleaned the kitchen including getting down on my hands and knees to clean the cat hair from the front grill of the fridge. Thanks Elliott for being a year round shedder. I washed the remaining floors including the front landing. It was dirtier than I had thought it would be due to me being in and out a lot the past couple of weeks. There also has been a lot of dust blowing in from the development across the road from us. 

I walked over and spent the afternoon with a friend. She had been away for nearly 5 weeks so it was time to get caught up. She has been busy sewing plaid scarves for a company since getting home. She sews a lot for this company which is great for her. Between us we fixed grandson's bag. We put a new zipper pull tab on the zipper and then she sewed both ends back together where the stitching had ripped out. Job done in 15 minutes or less. 

I took the bag and the crock pot liner back over to family's. No one was upstairs and I put it in and left. I thought that who ever was home was busy doing something in the new workout room. I was right as daughter-in-law called me a short while later. 

Sewing

No sewing done but I'm ready to start the 12" hot pads. My friend and I talked about the placemats and then the hot pads. She quite liked them as they are simple with the fabric doing the talking. 

We also talked about the new quilt store and wonder when it will open. They are waiting for their occupancy permit to start loading the store. Here's hoping it will be soon. 

Knitting

The first sleeve is finished and I picked up the stitches for the 2nd sleeve and knit a few rounds on it. My hands were stiff from the humidity. If it cools off tonight, I will try to finish it. 

Thoughts

    This is going to be the start of a busy week. I will not be doing anything major in the storage room. I may do a few minor things that I can do in short periods of time. One thing I want to do is break down the doll's boxes so they take less room in the cupboard. 

    The sewing goal is to finish up the hot pads and start the bag. I can do them during short periods of time as both are simple to do. I'm on track to have the box packed and in the mail by the 15th. 

    I'm sleeping poorly right now due to how warm it is outside. I like a cool house to sleep in and it isn't happening. The time change has also screwed up my sleep habits as it has Elliott's. 

Today

I'm washing bedding (first load is in the dryer) and doing a few minor housekeeping things. I need to finish up October's budget. I am going to work on the placemats this morning and cook some freezer meals this afternoon. Tonight I hope to knit as it is going to cool off later this afternoon. 

Until the next time..................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment