Sunday, August 01, 2021

Decision 3 - Refocus on Sewing What I Have

 Yesterday was a lovely sunny day that was kept cool with the wind. The high got to 20C. It is sunny again this morning and is 11C. Today we are suppose to get to 25C. 

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit picked the last of the beans and pulled out the plants. We had some for dinner and the rest went to our friends. They should get 2 meals as there was about 5 lbs in the bag. Once picked, the plants were pulled out. We will plant more today. 

I decided to try making a meatloaf wrapped in bacon. I had hoped to smoke it but it was too windy. It got baked in the oven. The bacon was some we bought from the meat shop in Canning is is home cured and smoked.


It was delicious and I will put the recipe link in the BBQ folder

As the pictures are still hanging up in the bathroom and I deem my fix a success, I took a picture of it. My idea came from here.

Sewing

I had another delightful day in the sewing room. I cut some more, sewed, designed and enjoyed my time in there.

While hunting in the doll's stash I found a piece of the light teal fabric and finished up the large squares. The rectangles need to have more added to them. There is enough fabric left to back some of the potholders. 

While in the mood, I cut out squares to make daughter's cat a quilt. I will have see if a piece of fabric I have will work before I decide to buy fabric to finish it. 


It is going to be a very simple quilt. I am excited that I have been working and enjoying myself as I make some Christmas gifts. 

Decision 3 was a no brainer. With this years focus on Sewing What I Have, the goal is to sew down the stash. I've been digging in the piles looking for fabric to sew but I've been doing less big projects and more small ones due to testing. I also let my thinking go to sewing for the fair which meant unnecessary fabric purchases. I have had to corral my thoughts back to the stash and planning what I can sew from it. Will it mean fabric purchases? Yes so I can finish projects. But, it also means sewing up miles of piping, making grocery bags, and a lot of other items using the stash first and buying only when needed. 

With my decisions made, where do I stand in sewing? I am donating 32.3 meters of fabric, have sewn 42 meters and bought 12.5 meters. 

Knitting

I've been crocheting on the scarf and it's progressing. 

Elliott was taking up a lot of room so I draped it over him. I've got about 4" of the white done now. 

Today

I have to work outside this morning and then it will be down to the sewing room to work on the projects I've got on the table. I will crochet tonight. It is another stay at home day due to it being a long weekend. 

Until the next time................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment