Monday, August 23, 2021

Almost Done The Quilting

 Yesterday was a lovely day with a high of 25.3C and a humidex of 31C. This morning it is 20C and cloudy. Henri is coming our way but will be later arriving than anticipated. We are expecting 26C and showers today.

Lifestyle

We were busy yesterday morning doing some weed control. Just before lunch we left to get some items we needed. We were home by 2:30 pm happy with our shopping. 

We put down the chairs and laid down the umbrella due to Henri. We are being careful though they say we are not to have a lot of wind. One never knows what these storms will do. 

Sewing

I finished up one of the rectangular hot pads. The other one is at the sewing machine to do the horizontal stitching.

I am learning a lot about how crazy it is to sew many many rows of straight stitching. Square up before stitching and don't square up afterwards. Things do shift even when using basting spray. 

I may end up making 4 bowl cozies for daughter out of the teal fabrics. I am going to make some for us in snowflake fabric so can do hers at the same time. That will finish up her set. As ours is for the summer, I will do a table runner in the teals for the server. 

Knitting

I am working away at the gusset. I think I am about half way done. Keeping track of the instep pattern, decreasing the gusset, and the padding stitch under the heel is a lot of thinking. No mistakes so far. Hopefully pictures tomorrow. 

Today

I am going to do housework and laundry today and sew this afternoon and knit tonight. It is a stay at home day for us. 

Until the next time......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment