Sunday, August 29, 2021

A Lot Of Piping

 Yesterday the high got to 20.4C. It was sunny and lovely outside. This morning it was 8C and the sun is shining. The high is to get to 23C. 

Lifestyle

I folded all the laundry yesterday and am glad that job is done. Once done, I was outside to deadhead the geraniums and they should have a lovely show of color in a couple of weeks. 

The sewing room was, once again, the target of my cleaning. I scrubbed the 2nd window and then cleaned up the ironing area. It wasn't as dirty as other parts of the room but it wasn't clean. The floor was swept and swiffered and I did under the stash shelving unit also. No pictures as it is a boring area to photograph. 

My weight is up and I am owning it. With the heat, humidity, and a poor attitude towards eating, it was bound to happen. I've been tracking for 2 days now and hope to feel better both physically and mentally in a few days. 

Sewing

I sewed piping yesterday. I used a piece of fabric that was 19" x width of fabric and it made just over 10 meters of piping. 

It is cute against the black fabric I use to showcase it. 

I have said I will not do that much again unless it is white. I'll do only a fat quarter at a time which is enough for a shirt. 

Daughter told me she was looking at fabric I sent her and found a bag of purple piping with it. She missed it when she opened the parcel. 

Knitting

The second sock is coming along nicely. The ribbing and 5 repeats of the pattern are done. Only 13 pattern repeats until the heel is started.

It is always easier to do the 2nd sock though I am watching the videos when I come to each part of the sock. This has been the easiest pair of socks I've knit. 

Today

It is another stay at home day for us. I want to clean up the cutting table area and swiffer the whole floor once again. I'll just have the reading/wool stash area left to do. I am ready to sew the doll's blouse this afternoon and knit tonight. I may even sneak in a bit of time to work on a puzzle. 

Until the next time...............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment