Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Working On Projects

 Yesterday was cooler with a high of 25C. The wind made it nice to be outside. This morning it is 11C and we are to have sunshine and 28C today. 

Lifestyle

We are still tired but recovering from the heat. I also had an IBS attack from having an ice-cream. I'm not very happy about that. I ate according to my diet yesterday and need to follow it all the time.

Some laundry got done yesterday and there is more to do today. While it was doing, I was outside dealing with the Swiss Chard. It grew and some bolted during the heat. DH and I assessed the garden and we will have less tomatoes this year. The second crop of beans and peas are growing well and if we get vegetables off them it is a bonus. I also did some weed control as it needed to be done. I ended up the morning washing the kitchen floor. I did well considering I was tired. 

I am going to have to work outside once again as the weeds are taking over the hedge once again. It won't take me long to pull the weeds and I will do some weed control on the lawn at the same time. I need this week to clean the house. 

There were 9 cases reported for 3 days yesterday. All but one are travel related or close contact. One is under investigation. There were 10 recoveries. 

Sewing

I spent time working on the quilting and had some issues. I finished the 6th (last) potholder. This one is mine.

I have now started on the 12" hot pads and need to take out two rows of quilting. Not happy with it. But, I am pleased with the stitch in the ditch I did. No pictures until the hot pad is done. 

One thing I am going to find annoying is tying and burying the threads at each end of the row. But, I am going to do it as it is part of learning how to quilt. 

Knitting

I finished the test pattern and put the button on the front and gave it a light steaming with the iron. 

It is a cute pattern but not my first choice to knit again. Not my last either.

And one taken outdoors to get the colors of the yarn. 


I started to knit socks. I did the swatch and it was a perfect gauge. I started the socks and am now going to rip them out and do them on the next size larger needle. 

The tension is too tight and I realized that I always go up one size needle when knitting in the round when knitting doll clothes. My tension changes to be tighter in the round. I am a tight knitter and a looser purler. 

This is the Hermoine's Everyday Sock pattern and I am following the Sloth Series on knitting it. 

I'm not worrying about starting this again as this is a project I want to work on for 6 to 8 weeks. I am learning a new pattern and am using up some yarn I've had in the stash for a long time. I wondered if I'd ever get this yarn knit up as the color change is too long for doll clothes. Perfect for socks.

Today I have to go shop for a couple of things, do more laundry, and sew some. We are going to watch grandson play soccer tonight. 

Until the next time........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment