Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Playing Thread Chicken

 Yesterday was warm at 25.1C and with a humidex of 34C. We had a couple of showers during the day. Last night, there was a thunder storm and rain. This morning, the temperature is 22C with a humidex of 30C. It is going to be 28C today with a humidex of 34C. We are to have showers during the day. 

Lifestyle

I got half of the bathroom scrubbed before I headed out to apply grub killer on the lawn. It needs water to activate it and rain is a cheap way to do that. No weed killer was applied as it needs dry weather. 

The Spousal Unit did pick grape tomatoes and I need to sort them and get some to the neighbors. He also picked some Early Girl tomatoes. 

There was a briefing on the virus yesterday. There were 17 new cases over the weekend and all were travel or close contact related. The school opening plan and phase 5 were discussed along with the 4th wave. We are going to have to learn to live with Covid, reopening, restrictions, etc. as we move forward. 

Sewing

I spent a couple of hours in the sewing room and finished quilting the last rectangular hot pad. This is how much thread was left when I finished quilting. 

I have used this thread only for the placemats, potholders and hot pads. 

I spent some time making binding and have the two rectangular hot pads ready to hand sew the binding in place. 

I now need to add more binding strips onto the left over piece and start binding the 3 square hot pads. I will be hand sewing the binding down with another brand of thread as I'm going to play thread chicken getting the binding sewn on. 

Daughter bought me 3 more spools of glide thread. I didn't ask for the mint as I don't do a lot of sewing in green.

I do use this thread for regular sewing and quilting and love it. 

Knitting

I finished the gusset on the sock and am ready to knit the foot. 

I love the way the yarn is knitting up on these socks. 

Last night I wished I had a 2nd circular needle this size and length to start the 2nd sock and knit it to this stage. I may get another needle and a ball of yarn so I can do it with my next pair of socks. I'm short 1 ball for them. 

Today

I'm going to do a big sweep of the house today and focus on sweeping floors and tidying up messy areas. I find I am over whelmed at the moment and need to bring order to the mess by choosing to sweep and clear away some clutter. I want to get the binding on the hot pads this afternoon and knit more on the socks tonight. 

Until the next time............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment