Friday, August 06, 2021

Rain Rain Go Away

 Yesterday was another wet day. It rained most of the day and when it stopped, the temperature got to 27C with a humidex of 36C. There was about over 3/4" of rain fell during the day. It rained during the night and it is 23C with a humidex of 31C at 6 a.m. It is suppose to be wet and muggy today. 

Lifestyle

The new stove arrived yesterday and it was love at first sight. The delivery men were terrific and one guy laid claim on our old stove so it is gone. I seasoned the oven by running it at 400F for an hour. That left me making spaghetti and meat sauce using the top. 

With all the rain, there wasn't much we could do outside but look at the rain fall and make comments. We have had 5.5"+ of rain fall in the past 10 days and we would like some sunshine for a couple of days. There was some thunder but not a lot. Couldn't make many comments on that.

I have been following my strict eating regime for 2 days now and my IBS is calming down nicely. I've also lost most of what I gained in the past 2 weeks. A big lesson learned of what I can't eat.

There were 4 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. There are 15 active cases of the province. Dr. Strang talked about people needing to move up their appointments to August (36,000) so we can be at 75% of the total population vaccinated. At that point we can move into Phase 5 of the reopening plan. We are showing strong vaccine rates and if we all work together we may not have a bad fourth wave here. 

Sewing

I worked on the doll's jacket yesterday and got the 2nd side done. I am happy with it and so far no issues. 

I am struggling with cutting out the peplum for the bottom. I will have to piece the green upper peplum which is okay as it is gathered. The under peplum can't be pink as I only have small scraps of the fabric so it may be from the side fabric. I will fuss away about it while I sew the sleeves in. It will come together in the next two days.

Knitting

I have knit, unknit, and finally called it quits on the top. I needed to stop and relax from the stress of dropping stitches, not casting on enough stitches and being down right frustrated with myself. I did figure out how to cast the top onto 6 needles though. It is regroup and redo the top. 

Today

I am heading into the city to get some things and hope to be home by noon. With the humidity, I need to choose which stores I am going to and get only what is needed and get home. I may sew this afternoon but that remains to be seen. If I do, it will be starting the sleeves. Knitting may or may not happen either. It all depends on how much the humidity affects me while shopping. 

Until the next time........................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment