Tuesday, August 31, 2021

One Brave Cat

 Yesterday was a day of rain and sunshine. The high got to 23.7C with a humidex of 31. It rained during the night and this morning it was 20C with a humidex of 28C. It felt like warm soup out there this morning. 

Lifestyle

I headed into Bedford yesterday and got what we needed and was home by noon. Fast and furious. It was busy as people are getting ready for back to school next week. 

Elliott decided to be brave and explore half of the deck last night. His nose was going a hundred miles an hour taking in all the outside smells.

He got 10 feet from the door and decided to look around by the umbrella and chairs. No dogs to harass so he went inside.

We had a good laugh reading an article in the news. Broadway Bill brought a bit of humor when most news is disturbing. 

There were 31 cases of the virus reported yesterday (3 days). The majority are travel or close contact and all are in isolation. No one is in the hospital. We are moving into the 4th wave and we are going to be more careful in what we do. 

Sewing

I spent the afternoon in the sewing room and finished up the doll's blouse. The pattern is a keeper and I will make it again when I have time. 

I am extremely happy that I spent the time fussy cutting and sewing the pattern so the pattern matches.

I got out the fabric scrap (.6 meter or better total) and did some cutting and sewing on it. I have a 21 x 48" animal blanket ready to be finished. 

I'm wanting to make it into a quilt and have to find backing in the stash for it. Straight line quilting for it also. I'd like to get it ready to hand sew the binding down so I can spent an afternoon watching TV while doing it.

Knitting

I got 5 repeats (20 rows) knit on the 2nd sock last night. Just 3 repeats to go and I start the heel. 

I bought a skein of yarn and some knitting needles for the next pair of socks. I'm looking forward to knitting them. 

Though I don't do a lot of crocheting, I'm going to try this blanket for our bedroom. It is a baby size and I'd like to make it bigger. This website is full of free patterns and it has me wanting to improve my crocheting skills. 

Today

I have to do some upstairs clean up, work on the blanket/quilt and knit. We are tired today as we both slept poorly last night. Our house was hot and it caused us to toss and turn all night. 

Until the next time............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment