Monday, August 16, 2021

Stressed

Yesterday was cooler with a high of 25.7C and a humidex of 32C. This morning it was 12C at 6 a.m. and very refreshing after a lot of warm humid nights. We are to see it get to 25C today.

Lifestyle

I was out shopping in the morning and then was getting ready to mow the lawn when family arrived. Grandson finished mowing the lawn for us. We talked about the soccer game grandson played the day before (son coaches) and they played strong but lost. Playing strong and as a team is very important. 

After lunch, the Spousal Unit and I went for ice cream and a drive. We needed to get out and go as we've spent way too much time at home and in the house. 

I gained 3.3 lbs this week and am owning it. Stress does that to me and I was an emotional eater. The ice cream was the tipping point and I'm now suffering from an IBS attack. Back on track this morning. 

We have both been stressed about the fires in BC. We know there is nothing we can do but read about the devastation and ask why there are so many fires still burning out of control. There are so many evacuation orders, places burnt to the ground, and people living with only what they could take with them. Our daughter is safe and our friends live in an area that is not seeing fire activity. The town I wrote about yesterday is still standing as of last night. We hope it will not suffer any fire damage. 

Sewing

I didn't sew yesterday as we were out for a drive. 

Knitting

The test pattern is done and I need to block it, take pictures and put it away for the little girl. 

Today

I have some housework and laundry to do, get Elliott food, and try to do some sewing. I hope to start a swatch to knit a new sock pattern and follow along with a lady who has posted on YouTube. 

Until the next time............................................................

 

No comments:

Post a Comment