Saturday, August 07, 2021

More Progress On The Jacket

Yesterday was a mix of sunshine and clouds. The high got to 27C with a humidex of 34C. It was very muggy outside. This morning it is 17C and sunny. We are to see about 29C today. 

Lifestyle

I headed in to Bedford to shop yesterday and when I got to Lower Sackville, the clouds opened up and it poured rain. It let up shortly after I got to store #1. I headed in to shop and it was muggy in the store. I wasn't in the store 10 minutes and my glasses started to fog up. I got what I needed and left. 

Store #2 was muggy also and I got what I needed and left. Store #3 was the same. Common theme - muggy. Also all the stores still had their directional arrows for shopping. I was home by 11:30 am to our heat and humidity.

We were out after lunch to town and then went for a drive. We took a road that we haven't been on for a long time. It was nice to explore not that far from home. 

I used the oven on the new stove yesterday. I put in the divider and used the small oven. Heated in less than 10 minutes. I baked chicken and topped it with left over spaghetti sauce. A nice dinner. 

There was one new case of the virus reported yesterday and the state of emergency was renewed. 

Sewing

I worked on the test pattern for about an hour and got one sleeve in. I know I will do an adjustment on it. I feel it is a bit long and wide. 

The fit of the jacket is good. The fabrics are still playing nicely together.

I want to make this jacket again but want it to be a bit simpler. I have a printed chambray that I will cut all the main pieces out of. Instead of ruffles in over the shoulder seam and at the bottom, I will add gathered lace trim. I want to narrow the sleeves and just hem them. Not sure about the neckline yet. This jacket will be part of the wardrobe I'm making. 

Knitting

I got a ball of yarn to knit the test pattern top with. I didn't knit last night though as the designer is suppose to be rewriting the pattern. 

Today

We will be heading out to watch grandson's soccer game at 11:30 a.m. I will do a few things before hand and I may knit tonight.

Until the next time............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment