Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Quilting Has Begun Once Again

 Yesterday was warm with a high of 27.4C. The humidity made it feel like 31C. This morning it is 14C and cloudy. We are to see a high of 27C with a chance of showers. 

Lifestyle

I tackled our bedroom yesterday. I cleaned it from top to bottom getting rid of dust that accumulates everywhere when the ceiling fan runs 24/7. By the time I was finished, the room smelled fresh and I was tired. But so worth it. I guess fall cleaning has begun early. 

Grandson was here to weed whack the ditch. He got about half of it done. It will allow me to weed the hedge quickly when it is done without fighting with the weeds. 

There was one new case of the virus reported yesterday and the number of active cases is down to 22. 

Sewing

I did some quilting yesterday and am pleased with how it looks. 

I trimmed it and it wasn't square and I'm keeping this one for me. 


I have squared up the next one already. I didn't think about squaring up as I had been away from the project for 2 weeks. Live and learn. 

Knitting

I started the socks again on a size larger needle. I also cast on 12 extra stitches and am happy I did. The knitting does feel nicer and I've got the ribbing and 3 sets of patterns done. It is a fairly fast knit.

The pattern is hard to see but I'm sure it will be noticeable when I start to knit the lighter colored yarn. I am finding these socks are relaxing to knit. I am knitting on a circular needle where as I was knitting them on double pointed needles before.  

Today

We have grandson until after lunch. I plan on cleaning the laundry area. This afternoon, I will be quilting and knitting tonight. 

Until the next time.........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment