Saturday, August 28, 2021

Projects Done

 Yesterday's high got to 25.7C and with the humidity it felt more like 32C. When the wind came up, it was mainly from the north(ish) and had a coolness to it. A welcome relief to the warm winds we had been having. This morning it was 12C at 6 a.m. and is to get to 21C today. It is suppose to be sunny.

Lifestyle

I was out for less than 30 minutes yesterday around noon and that was it. I spent the day staying cool in the house.

I cleaned up the area where I have the sewing machines. The window was cleaned, walls dry wiped, floor swept and swiffered. The furniture was wiped down and all the extra stuff was put away or tossed.

The dolls were put back onto their cube and were happy to be out of the family room. 

I put the embroidery part of the Diamond away while I make piping.


The Juki's area is cleaned and ready for me to sew without a big mess all around me. 

Though not fancy, the area feels calm and inviting to me. 

I also cleaned up the area where the Spousal Unit does puzzles. The table and ledge got a good wiping, and the floors were swept and swiffered. He is now ready to do another puzzle as he put away the one that defeated us last winter. No pictures of that area yet. My focus is on the basement at the moment. Upstairs is looking okay and I'm keeping it tidy.

I ate correctly yesterday and felt a lot better for it. I'm working on trying to eat according to my diet. I did drink a lot of water yesterday which helped me stave off craving. My IBS is not as bad which is nice.

There were 9 cases of the virus reported yesterday. All were related to travel or a close contact. Our number of cases are slowly creeping up once again. There are 55 cases in the province.

Sewing

I spent the afternoon sewing the binding in place on the hot pads. The job is done and I'm happy about that. I have certainly learned a lot about piecing and quilting.


I'm ready to sew piping and a doll's blouse next.

Knitting

I watched the video on how to do the toes and knit along. I had the sock finished in no time flat. 

The orange markers are points I need to know when knitting the 2nd sock. 

I cast on the 2nd sock right away and have 5 rows of ribbing done already. And I'm watching the videos again as I knit so I remember what to do. 

Today

I am going to fold laundry and then clean another area in the sewing room. I want to make piping and knit. I may get a bit more of the family room cleaned also.

Until the next time.....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment