Friday, August 20, 2021

Cleaning and Quilting

Yesterday was warm and humid. The high got to 27.7C with the humidex giving us 37C. UGH! We have a tropical cyclone warning as Henri is coming pushing the warm moist air ahead of it. This morning it is raining and 20C. We are to see 23C with a humidex of 31C.

Lifestyle

Yesterday was a busy day for us. The Spousal Unit got the rest of the ditch tidied up to his liking and was really tired when done. He just has to do along the road now. He is thankful grandson did the worst part of the weed whacking for him. 

I spent my time cleaning the dryer and scrubbing the floor in the closet and the hall. It was dirty. When done, I did some flower arranging as these flowers have been in the house for 2 years now.

 I hung a picture to see what it would look like in the hall and then added the plate. 

It has me wanting to paint the walls a light grey. 

The plate is one we bought when in a shop somewhere in BC. We have always worked with Hereford cattle and it was the perfect plate for us.

The picture is one son gave us years ago. We love it.

When I was finished, I sat back and enjoyed what I had done. Two areas are fall cleaned and I can now start the next area; the bathroom. 

We were out to watch grandson play soccer last night. They lost as they played poorly overall. They did have moments of brilliance.

There were 8 new cases of the virus reported yesterday with a total of 32 active cases in the province. We wore our masks to and from the parking lot at the game last night as did other people. We are being more careful as the numbers rise.

Sewing

I spent quite a bit of time quilting the hot pads. The 2nd one is done and is going into the gift pile.

The third one has 6 rows left to quilt and it will be done. 

There are two rectangular hot pads left to quilt and it will be binding time. By the time I'm finished, I will have used almost a full spool of Glide thread. 

When this project is done, I am going to do some piping. I'm trying to get a whole bunch of it done to ship in October. 

Knitting

While dinner was cooking, I knit on the socks. I have 3 pattern rows left to do before I start the heel. I will be looking at the next video shortly. No pictures were taken as I was moving between knitting, dinner and getting ready to go out. I am enjoying this knit and I may be making more socks this winter following along with Purl Knitter's videos. I do have yarn to use up that will make nice socks.

Today

I am heading into the city with Daughter-in-law this morning and then will be quilting this afternoon. Tonight will be knitting and I will take pictures of the sock when the leg is done. I will be reading the pattern and watching the video on how to do the heel. 

Until the next time....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment