Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Binding On The Hot Pads

 Yesterday was another sunny day and the high got to 27.8C with a humidex of 35C. Mid afternoon they put us under a heat warning as we are to have 2 hot and humid days. This morning the temperature was 18C and it is to get to 30C. The humidex will make it feel like 35C.

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I was doing a search for the weed killer we use (environmentally safe and used by lawn companies). In my silly google searches I found a place it was sold at and on sale. We were off and running. While shopping, I did buy a new toaster as our old one died after 8 years of daily use. 

I did start sweeping floors yesterday. I used a broom and then the swiffer to get them really clean. I also got out the duster and cleaned under the fridge as it was really fluffy under there. As I did the cleaning, my mood lifted and I felt happy seeing the house look cleaner. 

The Spousal Unit picked tomatoes and we have to make salads and give them away. The grape tomatoes are producing like crazy. 

There were 11 new cases of the virus and there are 49 active cases. All are from travel or close contacts. Our state of emergency has been extended to Sept. 5.

Sewing

I made more binding and continued on binding the hot pads. I had less than 12" of thread left on the bobbin and less than 24" on the spool. 1000 meters of thread used up on the cat project.

The hot pads are ready to have the binding hand stitched down. 

I am really pleased with them and have one Christmas gift almost finished. I would like to hand stitch one a day and clean up the sewing room. It is a mess from focusing on these items. I also have to make piping and I want to sew a blouse for the dolls. 

Knitting

I worked on the socks last night and am progressing slowly. I am almost finished one ball of yarn and am happy I bought 3 of them. Each sock will take nearly 1.5 balls of yarn. 

Knitting in the round for the foot is almost boring and I'm happy for the pattern on the top part of the sock. It keeps me alert. 

Today

I have to make potato salad and deviled eggs for dinner tomorrow night. While the potatoes and eggs are cooking I will continue sweeping floors and doing a bit of other cleaning. I want to sew the binding on one hot pad and start cleaning the sewing room this afternoon and knit tonight. I'm not venturing out a lot today as it is going to be a hot one. 

Until the next time...................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment