Tuesday, August 03, 2021

And It Rained........Again

 Yesterday started off sunny and the high got to 16C. It then clouded over and started to rain. It rained until late afternoon. We had 1.5" of rain fall during the day for a total of 4.5" in the past 7 days. The temperature this morning is 12C and sunny. 

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit was outside until it rained. He looked at the garden and pulled a few weeds before being chased inside. 

I cleaned the kitchen and did the oven of the stove. We get our new stove on Thursday and I hope to have this one gone shortly after that. We will give it away on Kijji. While I worked in the kitchen I did a load of laundry.

The power was off for about 5 minutes after the rain stopped. No idea why as it never made it to the power outage map. 

Sewing

I did do some sewing but the room was dark even with the light on. It was one of those days. I did sew up 1 potholder and have 3 done. 

I did 2 more to hand sewing and put it aside for the day. 

I now need to buy fabric to finish this project. I will be quite a while quilting the pieces as I'm doing straight line quilting like the placemats I made. 

There is a cute jacket and tote pattern to test for the dolls so I am going to work on it during the month. I will do a dig in the doll's stash for fabric and will do the embroidery on the tote. This is a pattern I wanted to make when the designer showed it. It can go into a pile for the girl I'm sewing for or it can go into the wardrobe I am making. It all depends on what fabric I choose. 

Knitting

I knit on the skirt last night and am almost done the body part. There is about 10 rows of ribbing for the waist. It is a cute pattern and easy to knit once you get the seed stitch done after you join the pieces together. 

Today

We are going to head out and get apples this morning and will stop to get the fabric I need to finish the cat fabric items. I want to finish the 2 potholders and work on the test pattern. I will knit tonight. 

Until the next time...............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment