Monday, August 09, 2021

A Slow Weekend

 Saturday was warm with a high of 28.6C. When the wind blew, it was nice. Yesterday was cooler but muggy. It was 18C when we got up and the high got to 22C with a humidex of 28C. There was very little wind yesterday. This morning it was 15C when we got up. 

Lifestyle

We were to grandson's soccer game on Saturday. The boys played well together putting together some fabulous moves. Son is doing well coaching them and they are blooming under the praise he gives them. Grandson scored the last goal and he played well.

Yesterday we were busy. I scrubbed the bathroom and did 3 loads of laundry. The Spousal Unit pruned tomatoes. We both were tired from the humidity and I rested for an hour after lunch. I did go out and mow the front lawn before dinner. It really needed to be done. Now I can focus on weeding and weed whack that area.

I reached my first big goal in loosing weight. I lost 1.5 lbs for a total of 43 lbs. It has pushed me to monitor what I eat and to be careful. I've set my next big goal and hope I can get to it before my birthday. It isn't my goal weight as I'm not being unrealistic. 

Sewing

I haven't sewn for 2 days. I've either not had the time or have been tired. It has been hard to work on it but I will get back to it shortly.

Knitting

I set up the knitting and when I got it into the round, I made a mistake and ripped it back. I did it again and got the first round done correctly. I have one more row to focus on before I can relax a bit. I am finding that not rushing and counting out loud has really helped me get the first round done correctly. I've also never knit with stitches on 6 needles and that has been a big learning curve. 

Today

I have to phone for a doctor's appointment, have blood work done and vote. I may sew for a bit this afternoon and knit tonight. I need to fold laundry if I have some time.

Until the next time.............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment