Saturday, August 14, 2021

A Piping Making Sort of Day

 Yesterday was hot and humid. The high got to 30.5C with a humidex of 42C. We had a thunder storm late in the afternoon and warm rain fell. This morning the temperature was 20C with a humidex of 27C at 6 a.m. Hopefully the heat wave will be over with shortly. 

An hour before the highest temperature.

Lifestyle

We found it very muggy yesterday when outside. It was like being in a sauna. The day started with us tired and cranky but we did end it in a better mood though still tired. We slept poorly again last night but are not as cranky today. 

The Spousal Unit picked cherry tomatoes and some cucumbers yesterday morning. We kept half and gave half to family. It is nice to be able to eat fresh vegetables from the garden. I was out for a bit in the afternoon and the rose bushes have had a rest and are starting to bloom again. They seem to like the heat but they do need to rest part way through the summer. 

I am going to plant more impatiens next year. This year the white ones have done really well in the pots outside the door into the shed. 

Though beaten by the hail, the geraniums on the deck are also doing well and are very cheery looking.

There were 2 new cases of the virus reported yesterday and we have 26 active cases. Most of the cases are travel or close contact related. We are being super careful once again as we question if the province is entering the 4th wave. 

Sewing

I headed down to the sewing room with a huge lack of energy. I looked around and didn't want to clean up. I decided to make piping from a piece of fabric on the cutting table. An hour later, I had 4.2 meters of piping for daughter. 

The piping really pops with black.
 


There is enough fabric left to make a doll's dress. I did wash fabric and have 3 more pieces of pink to make piping while I have the Diamond sewing machine set up with pink thread and the piping foot. 

The light teal fabric was laundered so I can work on the cat fabric project once again. I am looking forward to working on it as I love the concept of having this for the house in the summer. 

Knitting

I did well with knitting and am 3 rows from the next increase row. No mistakes so far. I will be glad when this test is over. I would love to knit a pair of socks next for something different to knit. 

Today

I am going to clean the pantry this morning and get things organized in there. I will be moving items from the hoard to the pantry and making a shopping list. This afternoon I want to sew and I will knit tonight. I may have to help mow today as we have son's mower and the lawn needs mowing. 

Until the next time.........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment