Thursday, August 26, 2021

One Hot Pad Binding Completed

Yesterday was a hot day with a high of 30.3C with a humidex between 36 and 39C during the hottest part of the day. We broke the record for the high yesterday. This morning it was 17C with lots of dew. We are to see 30-31C today. 

Lifestyle

It was a busy morning in the kitchen. I made a potato salad and deviled eggs for today's birthday dinner. While food was cooking I double swept the dining area floor and cleaned the table. The kitchen was also cleaned up and I felt good about what was done. The house is looking tidier even if I'm not finished the floors.

The Spousal Unit sprayed for weeds and the company that does our lawn praised him for a job well done. They put fertilizer on the lawn yesterday. We just have to do our own last cinch bug control over the weekend. Then it will be weeding and prepping for the lawn to be reseeded. 

I'm still tired but am sleeping better. The heat is taking its toil on us again. I'm eating poorly as I'm tired. My IBS has flared up and I need to slow down and think before I eat. 

There were 7 new cases of the virus and 1 death reported yesterday. There are 50 active cases in the province now. Most are related to travel/close contact but a few are under investigation. There is no community spread which is great. 

Sewing

My goal to sew the binding on one hot pad and start cleaning the sewing room was not fully completed. The binding got sewn down which took a full 2 hours. 

It took so long to sew down the binding as I was trying to figure out why the TV wasn't working. Hand sew a bit, try to figure out why I couldn't get anything but what came off the internet. Try something, failed, and hand sew a bit more. Rebooted the internet, rebooted the TV and finally decided to check cables. The cable into the TV box was unplugged. I finished up sewing the binding while enjoying a couple of episodes of Rehab Addict.

I have been doing a lot of looking at quilts and quilting ideas. I am finding that I am really interested in simple quilts and quilting. I found a gingham quilt I love. The striped binding is lovely on this quilt, and how it is quilted is perfect. I am going to do this quilting on the cat's quilt. It will allow me to press the seams open and stitch down each side of the seam.

Knitting

I worked on the sock last night and added the 2nd skein of yarn. I have just over an inch left to knit on foot before I start the toe. Pictures when done the first sock. 

Today

I have to finish up the potato salad and eggs, do a bit of shopping, make a Greek salad and head over to family for daughter-in-law's birthday supper. I hope to do a bit of work in the sewing room and sew the binding down on the 2nd rectangular hot pad. I may knit tonight but it may not happen. We wait and see how much I get done after food prep is done. 

Until the next time.................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment