Friday, August 27, 2021

A Very Busy Day

Yesterday was another warm day with a high of 30.3C and a humidex of 39C. There was thunder early this morning and we had a shower. The temperature is 19C this morning and it is to be 27C. The heat warning is over with. 

Lifestyle

It was a busy day yesterday. I got the remaining floors swept including the stairs and front landing. The living room furniture was dusted. I even swept part of the family room floor. 

We were out mid morning to pay bills and do a bit of shopping for last night's birthday dinner. It was hot and humid and I started to over heat. I felt it progress all day and by early evening I was feeling sick from the heat. We left the birthday dinner and I proceeded to drink water and cool down. I was feeling better by bedtime but didn't sleep all that well. Our bedroom was hot. 

The birthday dinner was wonderful. The cold food was wonderful to eat and we enjoyed ourselves visiting. 

There was new one case of the virus reported yesterday. There are 50 active cases in the province. I'm sure we are slowly moving into the 4th wave. 

Sewing

I swept the sewing area of the sewing room yesterday. All the thread and fabric clippings are gone off the floor. It was nice to get that floor space tidied up.

I got the 2nd rectangular hot pad finished. 

I did get started sewing the binding down on the first square hot pad. 

The goal this week is to finish cleaning up the sewing room and hand sew the binding down on the hot pads. Once they are done, I will make some piping before I start on the cat's quilt. I'm focusing on cleaning the room before I start the next project. It really needs it.

Knitting

The foot of the sock is knit and I'm ready to start the toe. I have to watch the next video and do it. Then onto the 2nd sock. When it is done, I will be doing another knit along that is a few years old using up more of the sock yarn in the stash. I am enjoying knitting socks once again and getting Christmas presents made at the same time. 

Today

With upstairs looking okay, I'll do a load of laundry and clean the sewing room. The focus is where the sewing machines are. Sweep, Swiffer, wash window, clean furniture, put away what is not needed, toss what is garbage, and get the dolls back into their spot. Tonight I will knit on the toe of the sock. It is a stay at home day as I need to drink lots of water and keep cool. 

Until the next time....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment