Thursday, August 05, 2021

Tote Done and Jacket Begun

 Yesterday was another sunny day. It got to 26C with a humidex of 32C. This morning it is 17C and raining. We have a full day of showers today.

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning we had grandson arrive for the day. We left him weed whacking while we got our hair cut. We had a nice day with him. 

I stayed on my strict eating regime yesterday and felt so much better for it. It isn't fun not having treats but the consequences of having them is less fun.

I had a look at the new planting of beans and peas and they are sprouting. I shoved a couple of seeds into the soil and they had a tiny root on them. That was fast. Hopefully we will be picking mid September. 

There were 2 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. Travel and close contact of another case. 

Sewing

I finished the two potholders and started work on the test pattern. The tote was the first item to be made. I was very disappointed to find out the outline stitching done by the embroidery machine was not the size of the pattern. I was able to salvage one piece and the other is waiting for me to decide what to do. 

The designer has been notified and will work on that. I cut another back from the lining fabric and made the tote. 

I had issues wrapping my head around making it into a bag but once I did, it was easy to finish. 

I realized I was running low on food and quit for lunch.
Once the embroidery design is fixed, I will make another bag to test it out again.

After lunch, I worked on the jacket. I read the pattern and realized the hems on the ruffle were turned under 1/8" or bound in ribbon. I chose to do a rolled hem. They looked very smart when done. 


I attached one set to the body of the jacket, serged the seam and did the top stitching. I was pleased with the results and called it a day. 


I am glad I spent a lot of time fussy cutting the pieces as this jacket has a lot of wow factor. I am also taking my time at sewing it as I want to enjoy the process. This pattern is well drafted. 

Knitting

I finished sewing the skirt together and was pleased at how nice it looks. I started on the top and I'm struggling with it. I'm going from using a circular needle and one double pointed needle to knitting the stitches onto 6 double pointed needles. It isn't cooperating with me so I gave up as I was tired. I may end up taking it apart and trying again. 

Today

I need to fold laundry, do a couple of loads, do some housework and wait for the stove to arrive. I hope to sew the second ruffle onto the jacket and knit tonight. 

Until the next time.................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment