Wednesday, August 04, 2021

Fussy Cutting A Doll's Jacket

 Yesterday was a nice day with lots of sunshine and a high of 23.7C. This morning it is cloudy and 14C. It is to get to 26C with a humidex of 30C. A storm is coming in from the south and we should have it here tomorrow. 

Lifestyle

We headed out to get apples yesterday. The trip included the book and the fabric stores. The traffic was heavy especially the going towards Halifax. 

I took several days off from eating correctly and I am paying for it. My IBS has flared up and I feel horrible. Back on the narrow track again for me. Once I feel better, I need to get back outside and do some weeding.

There were 6 cases of the virus reported for the 3 day weekend. Average - 2 per day. Five were travel related and one is under investigation. 

Sewing

The trip to the quilt shop was a quick one. I got the fabric to finish the hot pads, a spool of thread, rotary cutter blades, and a hera marker. I'm set for the month I think. Following my decisions has left me focused on what I need vs what I want. 

I spent 2.5 hours in the sewing room fussy cutting a doll's jacket. I have 2 pieces left to cut and I will have used up about .5 meter of fabric from the doll's stash. It was left over from another doll's project. 

What started off with I'll feature the roses on the sleeves...........


Turned into seeing how much fussy cutting I could do. The front and back pieces were then fussy cut so roses could be the feature.

And then the side pieces needed to have roses on them also. 

While I was cutting out, I did embroidery on the tote. I ended up doing both sides of the tote to try out two green colors. 

The embroidery file is well done and I enjoyed adding it to the tote. I did hand sew one potholder together while the embroidery finished up. 

And the tote bag lining is the last of the pink print.

It was an incredible afternoon in the sewing room even if I still have 2 pieces left to cut out. I have to decide what I want for the peplum at the bottom of the jacket. I also need clarification on the length of the peplum. 

Knitting

I finished the skirt and am sewing up the back seam. I need to get another ball of yarn for the top as I will be short. That won't happen for a few days. 

Today

We are out to get our hair cut this morning and then it's home for the rest of the day. I want to work on the pot holders and then start on the jacket. Tonight I'm not sure about as we may have to go to grandson's soccer game. 

Until the next time............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment