Sunday, August 15, 2021

Outside In The Heat Wave

Yesterday was another hot day. The high got to 30.4C with a humidex of 40C. This morning it is 20C. The heat warning has ended which is nice. We are to have sunshine and a high of 27C. 

Lifestyle

I spent a good hour cleaning the pantry yesterday morning. It really needed to be done as it was chaos in there. Out of date items were tossed, spice jars refilled and empty bags tossed, and items put into their right spots. I scrubbed the shelves and the floor and was happy to see it looking spotless. It is time to start cleaning the house once again. I let it go being tired from not sleeping well.

Once that job was completed, I headed out with the Spousal Unit to mow the lawn. I mowed for an hour and he raked up the big piles of clippings. It was break time so in we went and cooled off for 20 minutes. Back out to do more and most of the back lawn was mowed by noon. 

After lunch, we headed out again and mowed more lawns. We took turns with the person who raked standing in the shade when not needed. I did the last go and got about 1/3 of the front lawn done and quit. I had overheated in the heat and humidity. We both had water and headed inside for the remainder of the afternoon. We had done about 2 hours of mowing after lunch. 

We have been monitoring the fires in BC and the community near the mine daughter works at has the fire at the edge of the community. This is a Firesmart community which has a huge fire guard around it. It follows a strict plan and has for many years. As of this morning (it's midnight there at this writing) no structures have been lost. We have been sending information to friends who use to live there. The mine has been evacuated and we hope all remains safe. 

Sewing

I didn't sew yesterday but I did fold fabric I had laundered. There is 3 pieces for piping and I'm sneaking a bit of one to make a doll's dress. 

I did look around the sewing room and it needs a good cleaning. I plan on continuing with the clean up once things settle down and I can focus on the house. 

Knitting

I continued knitting on the test pattern and I have it on a circular needle. I did that as when I did the last increase. I hope to have it done in the next couple of days. Once the pattern was corrected, the knit has gone smoothly but I won't be knitting this one again. 

Today

I have to do some shopping and then finish the lawn. I am not sure if I will get any sewing done. I will knit though. 

Until the next time....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment