Wednesday, August 11, 2021

The Wow Factor

 Our weather has been moving towards hot once again. We are under a heat warning for the next few days. The high yesterday was 25C and the humidity felt lower but the humidity was 75% and a humidex of 33C. This morning it is 21C and a humidex of 27C. It is warm and muggy out there. The high today is suppose to be 29C with a humidex of 37C. 

Lifestyle

We have been busy. Monday was blood tests, talking to the doctor's office, voting for the provincial election and, then mid afternoon, a quick trip to get air filters for the lawn mower. 

Yesterday was quieter. We were home until after dinner. We went to watch grandson play soccer. They lost to the best team. I did fold 4 loads of laundry in the morning. 

There were 7 cases of the virus over three days reported on Monday and 1 case reported yesterday. We made the choice to wear masks when in busy outdoor areas. Last night it was busy at the soccer field when we arrived and we put on our masks to walk over to the field.

Sewing

I am almost finished the test pattern. Just the collar to do. 

It fits a bit big on the doll but other than the sleeves it is cute. I am debating if I will put a snap at the center front down by the peplum to hold the jacket in this position. 

I am glad I did the fussy cutting as it gives this jacket the wow factor. 

I do love how the fabrics are all working well together.

The testing group I belong to has decided to rotate people out to bring in new testers. Though the message is a bit vague to understand, a lot of testers are upset. There needs to be more clarification. After a bit of thought, I said they could rotate me out first. I'm not upset as it is time for me to go. I was refused to be rotated out so I'm going to be picky on what I test. 

I've decided to clean up the sewing room one area at at time and for 30-60 minutes a day. I've chosen the design area or the area where the desks are. I got one job done - getting the doll's patterns organized. The ones in the little file folder holder have been sorted through. Each designer has their own folder and each outfit is in a page protector. A few patterns are in a folder I called Other. I have a section for Historical, one for regular American Girl dolls, one for Gotz dolls and the Other section. I did throw out a few patterns that I drafted and are useless. I also threw out some patterns that I had printed off several copies of. 

The desk was tidied up and I did write down a few things I need. A smaller Ikea peg board and a few accessories, a picture enlarged and framed, and a small cube for the patterns, binders, and a few books. That way the desk will have very little on it when I want to work there and everything will be close at hand. 

In all, it was a good day in the sewing room. 

Knitting

I didn't knit last night as we were out. The revised pattern is in so I need to look at it and start knitting. 

Today

We are heading out to get apples and blueberries this morning. I will have to freeze blueberries when we get home. This afternoon, I would like to do a bit more cleaning in the sewing room. Tonight I may knit if I'm not too tired. 

Until the next time.................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment