Saturday, July 31, 2021

Decision 2 Made

Yesterday was wet for most of the day. There was about 1/2" of rain fall during the day. The high got to 19C. This morning it is 14C and the sun is shining. The high is to get to 19C again today.

Lifestyle

I focused in and got the upstairs tidied up and the floors swept in good time. I also finished hanging the pictures in the downstairs bathroom and they are still hanging. We need to do the toilet paper holder next. 

Son was over for a visit yesterday and we found out they had no hail in the big rain. We had a good visit talking about lots of things. 

At noon our neighbors walked over for a "picnic" lunch. We had hot dogs, chips and dip, snap peas and pop at the dining room table. It was an enjoyable meal.

There was one new case of the virus reported yesterday and one person is in the hospital in intensive care. 

Sewing

I spent a couple of hours in the sewing room having fun yesterday. No pressure, no time lines, and no guilt in doing the projects. 

The first thing I made was a pillow for the pillow case. Easy to make and it was done in no time flat. I did take pictures of the quilt and I am hanging my head in shame. 

I put it away until I can launder it. I then started to play with two 9 x 12" pieces of the cat fabric to make potholders. I had a blast measuring, cutting, and sewing the tops of the potholders. I kept them simple and will do some straight line quilting using the walking foot. 

There are two in hiding which are gifts. I need to buy light teal for the backing, my purchase for August. I now can work on the squares from the remaining half meter of cat fabric so we can have them for our plates. If there is any fabric left over, I will make gifts out of it. I am having some fun doing my thing and using up this fabric. 

The second decision of what I want to do in the sewing room was an easy decision. I was going to make a bunch of items for the local fall fair for 2022. When I looked at the list, I realized how much fabric I needed to buy. I also wondered what I was going to do with some of the items I was making. To make items for the sake of filling categories for the fall fair needed to be rethought. So, I concluded that unless it fits in with the house, the dolls, us, or gifts, it won't be made. I am not sewing items for the sake of sewing them only to wonder who I can give them to afterwards. This will limit what I am making which is fine with me. 

Decision 3 is the last one. 

Knitting

I frogged the hat and decided to crochet a beginners scarf. I'm not good at crocheting and this will help me work on keeping the number of stitches consistent in each row. I count every 2nd or 3rd row to make sure I have 22 stitches. I made good progress and I'm sure this scarf will be liked much better than the hat. 

Once done, I know I will not buy this yarn again. The color changes are way to long for the items I like to make. 

Today

I have to spray bugs on part of the lawn today. Then I'm free to sew in the sewing room. I'm going to work on cutting out the quilted squares and sew the dark pieces on them. The left over fabric will be cut into something also. I will also crochet on the scarf. It is the beginning of the long weekend so we won't be doing much due to traffic and the stores being closed on Monday. 

Until the next time....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment