Saturday, August 21, 2021

Leg of Sock Completed

 Yesterday was a wet humid day. The high got to 25.4C with a humidex of 34C. There was 1.5" of rain fall by 2 p.m. This morning it is 19C and we are to have sunny weather with a high of 26C. 

Lifestyle

I headed into the city with daughter-in-law and we did up Home Depot. I got a pint of primer, a roller, paint tape, and grub killer. I'm ready to kill the grubs that are eating the lawn and paint some furniture. Daughter-in-law got what she needed and we went for lunch and then home. 

Once home, I crashed. I was exhausted from the heat, humidity, and poor sleeping habits. I rested and dozed and finally moved my sorry self at 4:45 p.m. to heat up dinner. 

There were 10 new cases of the virus reported yesterday and we have 41 active cases in the province. We are being very diligent once again and I will be doing fast shopping when in the city. 

Sewing

None got done yesterday though I did a tiny bit of thinking while on the couch. I have some woodland fabric in the stash that I will make a puppy quilt out of. A bit more scrappy looking but still fun. I would like to make it from what I have in the stash but I have a feeling I may have to buy a bit of fabric for the backing. 

I also spent a bit of time thinking about the Christmas placemats I want to make. I have the main fabric but need to buy 2 pieces to go with it and I need to decide on a pattern. I have one that I may try but it was too much for a tired brain to think about so I put the thought to one side.  

Knitting

I did knit last night and got the final three pattern repeats done (12 rows). 

I am happy with how it looks and amazed it only took me 3 days to knit the leg of this sock. I now have to read the pattern and watch the video for the gusset and heel. 

Today

I am still tired but not exhausted. I am going to try and clean the bathroom this morning, work on the quilting projects this afternoon and start the heel flap tonight. 

Until the next time............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment