Wednesday, September 01, 2021

A Hodge Podge Dog's Blanket

 Yesterday was sunny and warm with a high of 26.2C. The humidity made it feel more like 32C. This morning it is 15C and partly cloudy. We are to see 25C with nice weather. Then we hunker down for rain as the remnants of Hurricane Ida pass over us. 

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit pulled all the beets and picked a few tomatoes that we delivered to a lady on the next street. He also invited our neighbor over to pick some of the bigger tomatoes for salsa. 

I cleaned the kitchen yesterday and it is nice to have it back in shape. One day of ignoring it is not good. I am hoping to finish the area up today. 

We were both quite tired yesterday and felt like Elliott.

Unlike him, we pushed on all day. 

There were 3 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. All are related to travel or close contact. There are 65 active cases in the province. 

Sewing

I worked on the dog's blanket/quilt. I decided to use up the last 16" x 60" piece of fabric and put borders on the piece I sewed together yesterday. While deciding on that, I pulled a piece of navy blue fleece from the stash and it was perfect for the backing. One more meter gone. I threw it on the floor and Elliott had a lot of fun playing on it. He discovered he could make it slide underneath him when he ran and jumped on it. We had growling and his crazy bark going on while he played and jumped on the fleece. 

I got the blanket quilted by mid afternoon and it's ready for binding.

I have a plaid fabric out to bind it with. I'm sure the animals won't care if it is a hodge podge of fabrics. 

I have a pattern to test starting today. It is by one of my favorite designers and a 1930's dress. I will make it for Kit's collection. 

I have to hunt for fabric and start cutting it out as it is to be done by Sept. 8. Very tight timeline. 

Knitting

I had a good run at knitting on the sock. The leg is finished.

20 rows on the heel flap are done. 20 more rows and I'll start turning the heel. 

The second sock is going smoothly and I do hope that it continues on that path. The next sock I knit, I will be doing them at the same time on separate needles. I find I'm more accurate doing them that way. 

Today

The plan is to wash the windows in the kitchen and do the floor. Sewing is the test pattern and tonight knitting. Another day at home for us. 

Until the next time....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment