Thursday, June 01, 2023

Another Busy Day

 Yesterday was warm with sunshine and not quite so much wind. The high got to 25.9C. This morning it is sunny, calm, and 14C. We are to have it sunny and 31C today. Rain is on its way. 

Lifestyle

I was outside to water early and did some weed control. I pulled some weeds and sprayed others. I wanted to get a few things out of the shed for family; the third hose, grass seed, and fertilizer. I also rearranged my hoses so they could take one of them. They had a lot of grass seed planted yesterday morning and now they need to water it. Son came and picked up all but the fertilizer which they will get later on. 

Daughter-in-law picked me up mid morning and I went to New Minas with her to get a patch for their pool. We had a lovely discussion both ways. We also stopped and picked up burritos for lunch. They were delicious even if mine was 17 points on Weight Watchers. 

I looked at their landscaping after lunch and they have a wonderful person doing the job. He will be doing all the basic landscaping for them and he might get the remaining job when the design is completed. Their yard is going to look amazing. 

Daughter-in-law brought over a dehumidifier for the basement. It was one they replaced. Their new one pumps into their laundry tub. This one drains into my floor drain. It brought the humidity in the basement down to almost 50% by evening. It didn't take long as the humidity outside is low (35% yesterday). 

I sat down to have a drink of water mid afternoon and fell asleep. I woke up wondering why I had fallen asleep and the house was 25C. I turned on the a/c and got busy taking out recycling to the curb. I watered plants in the garage which need to be planted starting tomorrow. 

The smoke we were to experience went over us during the night. I was outside this morning to check and the air quality is good. I'm sure we will experience some smoke today. The fires are growing in size and they will grow today due to the hot weather. Hopefully the fire fighters will get a handle on the fires when it starts to cool off and rain tomorrow night. 

Sewing

Nothing done yesterday as I slept. 

Knitting

I did some knitting yesterday late in the afternoon and evening. I am making progress on the little sweater. 

I have had to go back and fix yarn overs for the holes a couple of times. It helps that I count each row as I knit. I have about 20 rows left to knit on the body. 

Thoughts

    I am glad that I have such a great relationship with family. We help each other out all the time. We have our laughs over funny things and enjoy our time together. It is good to be able to support each other. 

    I talked to my neighbour yesterday. She works in a lovely long term care facility. The unit (house) she is assigned to has a case of Covid and they are in lockdown. She is back to wearing a mask and shield when on shift. She and her youngest son have had Covid; he got his from school, and she thinks she got hers when shopping. 

    I have had 2 IBS attacks in 2 days. I'm not sure why but I think it is the stress of the fires plus something I ate that disagreed with me. I am clenching my jaw since the fires started. We are safe but it is bringing back memories of the fires in BC. The fires here are so similar to the ones BC had. 

Today

I have to water the veggies twice today. I am either going to spray weeds or do housework. I need to get the place mats ready to quilt and finish the doll's dress. I will knit tonight. I am staying inside a lot due to the heat and the smoke as it seems to be coming our way again today. 

Until the next time................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment