Wednesday, June 07, 2023

A Great Find

Yesterday was still cool and wet. We had about 1/3" of rain (showers all day long) and a high of 13.7C. This morning it is 9C. We are to have more showers and a high of 15C. The biggest surprise this morning was seeing blue skies. 

Lifestyle

I cleaned my bedroom yesterday morning and it was dusty. I wiped, swept, and washed the room and it was lovely and fresh once again. I also washed the hall floor and tidied up the kitchen. 

I was outdoors to check on the garden. It fared well considering all the rain we had. The peas and carrots are up and the beans will be a few more days. I will check the cucumbers on Friday and may replant the areas where the digging happened.  I emptied the rain gauge.

That is how much rain fell since Sunday morning. I was into the shed looking for things and need to get back out there to do some organizing. I did haul the broken fertilizer spreader to the curb for pick up tomorrow. A plan is starting to form on how to organize and sort the shed. 

Late morning, I decided to gas the car between showers. I won as I didn't get wet. Once out, I went into town to look for items for the fountain for the deck. I was going to start in a hardware store but decided to look at our local dollar store (Dollarama). I masked up as it was super busy. I wandered up an down the aisles looking for items. I found what I wanted after about 20 minutes of searching. And the prices were great. 

There are glass pieces, river rock, a melamine bowl and plate and flowers that turn on when in the water. These flowers are battery powered. I am glad I chose to look in the dollar store. 

I ordered the pump and it should be here on June 10. The nice thing about this is everything can be stored in the big pot when I put it away for the winter. Only the pump will be stored in the garage, the rest will be stored in the shed. 

I chose not to order the battery back-up until I see if I want to have the fountain run in the evenings. I have ideas for a second pond floating in my head. It will cost a bit more than this one as the pot I want is a bit more expensive. 

Sewing

I spent some time in the sewing room. I got 2 place mats completely quilted before I quit. They do take quite a bit of time. 

I used white thread and you can't see it from a distance. It's barely visible up close. 

I finished off my sewing by trimming the threads and stabilizer on block #6. I can now set up and do block #7. 

Christmas fabrics are arriving at the quilt shops. So far I am not fond of them. I will continue to look at them and make decisions based on colour and design. Really, I don't need fabric. I need to sew up the stash. 

Knitting

I knit 10 rounds on the doll's sweater. I need to try the sweater on the doll at this stage as I want to make sure it fits. I love the pattern as it is well written. 

Today

I am off to Bedford to get a wagon and some pond conditioner for the fountain. I may go into a dollar store to see what they have for the second fountain. I have to mail a parcel to daughter. I am hoping to sew this afternoon and knit tonight. 

Until the next time................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment