Monday, June 26, 2023

Balance Sheet Frustration

 Yesterday was a mixed bag for the weather. We had a few showers, sunshine, and some wind. The high go to 24.5C with a humidex of 32C. In the evening it poured rain and we had about .5" of rain fall. This morning it is cloudy, foggy, and 16C. We are to have showers, sunshine, and a high of 21C (humidex 27C) today. 

Lifestyle

It took me all morning to do the balance sheet. I was out 20 cents and could not find it. I redid the three large purchases and found some mistakes but not the 20 cents. When I started over again, it was the first amount I had put in. Once corrected, I was finished in about half an hour. I was exhausted from that job as it was humid, I was tired, and I didn't catch the mistake until I was almost done. It is done for the week and no one died from it. 

I put the heat pump on to dehumidify yesterday and it worked quite well. The house was cool but not cold and the basement humidifier didn't have to work as hard. Win, win. 

After lunch, I cleaned the kitchen and got rid of all the clutter. It is so nice to have the room back to having minimal items out. I swept the floor and took out the recycling. It was nice to stand and admire how nice the room looks. I know what I want to do and will slowly get it done. 

I also did laundry and put clean bedding back on the bed. I just have a load of clothes to do and the laundry will be caught up. 

Around dinner time, 2 of the neighbour's chickens showed up next door. They meandered over to my place and I was ready with camera and broom. When I went out, 2 people were in the yard ignoring the chickens. I told them if the chickens came into my yard I'd be taking a broom to them. They told me that was against the law. I told them it was against the law for the chickens to be in my yard and I'd report them. The owner came out, put the chickens back in his yard and I repeated the warning -- if in my yard I'd report it. He knows the regulations on chickens so I am sure he will be more observant about where they are. 

I didn't sew or knit yesterday as I was tired and wanted to use my energy to do cleaning. 

Thoughts

    I am going to have to get some quotes on solar blinds for the windows. My plan is to start off with the kitchen window and door. I am debating which ones I will have remote though I find that a luxury. What I want is to keep out the sun and heat. 

    I am back to decluttering and organizing. The trip to Ikea did that to me. I will be going back soon to pick up a few more items for the kitchen so I can do more organization in there. I plan on cleaning and decluttering the rooms while the weather is wet. I can't do outside jobs so inside ones can get done. 

    My weight remained the same this week. The cake, though a treat, will not be repeated. I think I will get a small soft ice cream in a cup which is 6 points vs 3 times that for a piece of cake. I will try that the long weekend in August. Between now and then, it is back to the basics and eating healthy. 

Today

I want to head out to buy new dishes. The ones I want are finally on sale. When I get home, I would like to cut the binding so I know how much more fabric I need, trace the pattern so I can start working on it and maybe knit tonight. 

Until the next time.........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment